Analyst, Data AnalyticsApply Job ID: R-022415 Date posted: 04/12/2022 Primary Location TX-Austin
Do you have an analytical mindset? Do you want to learn the inner-workings of a fast-growing business? Are you ready to make a significant impact?
Excited to learn more? If so, then this could be the role for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
The Planning & Advice Services team in LPL’s Advisor Services group offers a variety of programs designed to help advisors run extraordinary businesses, deliver comprehensive advice and create capacity to grow. Specifically supporting the Advisor Institute and Investor Focused Solutions business, this role works in an emerging space where there is opportunity for tremendous growth, innovation, and significant impact. Exploring vast amounts of data comprising hundreds of thousands of accounts, this role will be responsible for compiling data, finding patterns, insights, and anomalies and communicating those findings in concise, clear and easy to understand formats that business leaders can use to make decisions and shape strategy. In this position, you will be strategic with the team to create solutions with a focus on automation, scalability and action-oriented intelligence.
- Assist in synthesizing data from many sources, developing value accretive reports, visualization and dashboards to derive business insights, develop recommendations and enhance strategy
- Build well-rounded experience and domain knowledge supporting key aspects of the business, such as book analysis, growth forecasting, client segmentation, advisor compensation & productivity, call center metrics, profitability, lead generation, marketing and attrition
- Establish new and improve existing analytics approaches to answer key business questions in creative, efficient ways, championing industry best practices and cutting edge techniques
- Assist in future application of machine learning
- Actively support the team’s analytics needs and proactively seek out data-driven solutions
- Communicate findings effectively with many audiences and levels of management
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Statistics, or other technical field
- Robust analytical skills coupled with effective verbal and written communication ability
- Proficiency writing complex SQL queries (SQL Server, Oracle SQL, Apache Drill for Data Lake) and analyzing data with Python, particularly Jupyter Notebooks
- Able to visualize data in meaningful, communicable ways using Python, Tableau and other tools
- Experienced with Salesforce, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint & Tableau Server (dashboards)
- General knowledge and use of good data management practices, version control
- Logical, detail-oriented and comfortable exploring/learning a wide range of data & systems
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives at once in a fast paced, fun, high energy culture
- 1-2 years of experience supporting a business in an analytical role
- Financial services domain knowledge
- Basic experience with machine learning
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.