Application Support, AVPApply Job ID: R-010110 Date posted: 06/09/2020 Primary Location TX-Austin
LPL Financial is seeking an Application Support Leader (ASL) located in Austin, TX reporting to the Technology Operation Planning & Support (TOPS) team. TOPS serves as technology escalation group for internal help desks and development teams. The ASL will lead small/medium-sized team supporting multiple wealth management applications as well as home office applications. ASL focus will be providing Tier 2/3 technology support that includes incident ticket management, production support release coordination, system monitoring and issue analysis across entire LPL application platform.
Additional day-to-day responsibilities will include updating support artifacts, system problem triage, trend analysis, ticket tracking, application testing, change management and coordinating production installs. ASL will be instrumental in gathering data facts and providing solutions to our technology support partners; with proactive and timely communications. Provide support for incident management, problem management (root cause analysis), and defect management. Employ troubleshooting skills in support of incident management team and working closely with technology support groups. Propose and/or deliver analysis for production break-fixes, defects and work orders submitted by business and IT leaders
- Extensive experience in problem management and incident management
- Experience in driving transformation through automation and process improvements
- Advanced knowledge of application design principles, patterns and practices, systems development and analysis
- Manages deliverables for the team against expected results with a focus on operational and tactical activities that align to functional objectives
- Must be able to adapt plans to meet service and/or operational challenges. Identifies and resolves technical, operational, risk management challenges
- Maintain, troubleshoot, optimize and enhance solution work orders and defect requests
- Detect and solve technology delivery issues effectively
- Ensure contingency activities are covered related to system/application availability.
- Ensure service level agreements are met daily
- Collaborate with DevOps and monitoring teams to buildout efficient monitoring alerts and support engagement process
- Review post-production issues, analyze, and suggest solutions
- Partner with service management team to ensure problem tickets have complete root cause analysis and preventative actions defined
- Partner with PMO, DEV, QA and RM (Release Management) to align production readiness
- Field occasional escalations from customers and internal sources in need of understandable yet highly technical explanations
- Field occasional escalations from upset customers
- Experience mentoring and leading other developers on the team; skilled in elevating junior team members development competencies
- Demonstrated ability to lead and participate in all phases of application software development. Thorough understanding of the software development life cycle and willing to adapt to LPL’s SDLC methodologies
- Occasionally “drop everything” and work to resolve fire drills and regulatory inquiries by doing ad-hoc queries and problem solving
- Strong verbal and written communication skills that both technical and non-technical end users can understand
- Demonstrated ability to create positive professional relationships across various technology groups
- Bachelor's degree and 7+ years of experience in application support and/or development or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Working experience in multiple technology stacks
- Broad functional knowledge in defining technology requirements. Ability to interpret internal and external business challenges and implement best practices to improve products, processes, or services
- Experience leading small to medium sized teams locally and remotely
- Ability to influence others to adopt a new perspective and handle interpersonal issues with tact and diplomacy
- Financial services/brokerage firm experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to interface with customers to understand their concerns and pain points and provide solutions
- Capable of effectively planning, prioritizing and executing tasks utilizing resources and tools
- Experience working with remote teams, vendors and contingent/SOW staff
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of:
- Angular JS
- Microsoft Sql Server
- MS Access
- Ticket Management Tools
- SharePoint (Plus)
- Batch Processing
- Angular JS (Plus)
- Informatica (Plus)
- Application Performance Management (Solarwinds, Dynatrace, Alertsite)
- Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) Tools - Plus
- Exemplary collaboration, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Superior skill and ability in multi-tasking and appropriate prioritization
- Ability to effectively respond to dynamically changing work environment
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.