Assistant Vice President, Branch Office SOCApply Job ID: R-009725 Date posted: 06/29/2020 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations TX-Austin , SC-Fort Mill
The Assistant Vice President (AVP), Branch Office SOC manager is responsible for managing activities relating to monitoring and responding to security events for advisor offices. Additionally, this position is responsible for the development and oversight of the Branch Office SOC program to ensure personnel are managed and operational efficiencies are maintained. A leadership position, the Branch Office SOC manager works with multiple technology platforms and interfaces with other groups within IT security operations, IT security architecture, Branch Exams, and other technology and business functions.
The role requires technical competence and experience managing and mentoring teams within information security. Additionally, the role requires familiarity with recent threats and adversarial techniques, as well as the ability to quickly understand complex environments. Business and interpersonal skills are essential to manage risk to the business, interface with other business units and develop SOC analysts. The Branch Office SOC manager contributes to the company IT security strategy and roadmap, and is an excellent communicator at both the staff and executive levels.
Essential Job Duties
- Manage a team of analyst’s onsite, offsite contractors and MSSP to monitor and respond to security events 24x7 with on call rotation.
- Lead the expansion and growth of the Branch Office SOC; drive integration of new products and services
- Partner with security engineering and content development to develop and tune content, automate repetitive tasks and drive efficiencies to optimize resources.
- Manage career development for the team, including talent retention, training and mentoring, conducting performance reviews and exhibiting behaviors to be modeled by team members.
- Serve as the primary escalation point for Branch Office SOC Analysts, MSSPs and vendors
- Evaluate and update Branch Office SOC policies and procedures as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain metrics and scorecards to measure risk to the organization, as well as effectiveness and efficiency of SOC analysts to ensure adherence with business SLAs
- Support Investigations as required
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience
- At least 5+ years of information security monitoring and response related experience.
- Experience managing people, including technical staff is desirable but will consider highly experienced and organized Senior SOC analysts looking to step into management.
- Experience managing a 24x7 operational environment.
- Excellence in communicating business risk from cybersecurity issues.
- Experience driving measurable improvement in monitoring and response capabilities at scale.
- Experience working with SIEM systems preferably Splunk ES, case management platforms, threat intelligence platforms, security automation and orchestration solutions, intrusion detection and prevention systems (IDS/IPS), Endpoint Detection Solutions, DLP and other network and endpoint monitoring tools.
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal
- Skilled at managing relationships and ability to drive results through others
- Highly effective communicator with ability to influence business units.
- Analytical and problem-solving mindset.
- Leverages strategic and tactical thinking.
- Works calmly under pressure and with tight deadlines.
- Demonstrates effective decision-making skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information assurance, MIS or related field, or equivalent experience.
- At least 3 years’ experience at a senior SOC analyst level
- 2-3 years of related experience in managing a SOC or other Information Security related teams
- CISSP, CISM and/or SANS certification a plus.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.