AVP, Big Data and Analytics Solutions Architect/EngineerApply Job ID: R-010399 Date posted: 11/02/2020 Primary Location TX-Austin
AVP, Big Data and Analytics Solutions Architect/Engineer
We are currently seeking an AVP, Big Data and Analytics Solutions Architect/Engineer for LPL Financial Technology organization. This senior level role will be responsible for architecting, designing and lead Analytics and Big Data solution development and deployment across verticals and manage data sciences and advanced analytics initiatives. The data engineer will be participating in developing/unit testing/documenting and deploying data-driven solutions. The successful candidate possesses strategic thinking skills, a passion for product development, and a proven background in developing new products and scaling existing ones. This position requires an engaging, innovative, and collaborative approach. The candidate must demonstrate the ability to work with other leaders across multiple functional areas effectively.
The position requires building strong technical hands-on-skills and experiences as well as establishing close business relationships across different teams. Working closely with all vertical stakeholders, you will develop and drive long term advance analytics roadmap. You will help steer the strategic Big Data (Hadoop/Spark/EMR) and Machine Learning and technology direction, define target state architecture, technology roadmaps, and mentor others.
- Provide thought leadership and drive architecture and the design of Big Data Information Management & Analytics solutions
- Ensure effective design and development of system architectures through embedded Enterprise Architects; employing effective governance methods for transparency and communication
- Design and implement scalable Big Data architecture solutions for various application needs
- Analyze multiple sources of structured and unstructured data to propose and design data architecture solutions for scalability, high availability, fault tolerance, and elasticity
- Set architectural vision and direction across a matrix of teams. Develop conceptual, logical and physical design for various data types and large volumes
- Implement Big Data systems in alignment with enterprise architecture and infrastructure guidelines and standards
- Architect high performance systems with large volume data integration processes, database, storage and provisioning
- Utilize AWS services such as Elastic Map Reduce (EMR), Redshift, Kinesis, Amazon Machine Learning, AWS Lambda, Data Pipeline, S3, DynamoDB, and the Relational Database Service (RDS)
- Familiarity with leading commercial and Open Source AI / ML / Data Science platforms
- Maintains a broad understanding of implementation, integration, and inter-connectivity issues with emerging technologies to define data strategies
- Build robust data pipelines on public Cloud using Airflow, AWS EMR, Glue, Kinesis, Kafka, Lambda or other technologies
- Deep expertise in SQL language, Python, Hadoop ecosystem and/or Spark ecosystem. Strong experience with writing complex programs, implementing architectures, and enabling automation in these environments
- Consolidate, standardize and control changes to capacity management data and metric definitions, ownership, accountability, and taxonomy to ensure alignment in understanding
- Serve as an evangelist to improve AI/ML analytical capability across the organization
- Work across teams to deliver meaningful reference architectures that outline architecture principles and best practices for technology advancement
- Gain adoption of architecture processes, standards and procedures
Work Experience / Knowledge
- 10+ years of experience in data modeling, data warehousing, and big data architectures using Hadoop /EMR, spark, Redshift, Snowflake, No- SQL Cassandra or similar large scale distributed systems
- 5+ years of experience in a data engineering role to build Highly scalable large data pipelines
- Experience in architecture and implementation AWS based data lake solutions using Lake Formation, S3, AWS Lambda, AWS Glue, AWS SDK for Python, DynamoDB, ElastiCache, Redshift, Relational Database Service (RDS), Kinesis, Amazon Machine Learning, Amazon Athena
- Expertise in python programming towards developing reusable, configurable and modular ETL frameworks covering scheduling
- Deep understanding of analytical data management, data warehousing, data pipeline and data security related concepts
- Hands-on experience with the creation and automation of Data pipelines and Machine learning pipelines, model training, testing, and deployment using Airflow, EMR, Glue, etc
- Deep expertise in (at least one) SQL language, Python, Hadoop ecosystem and/or Spark ecosystem.
- Strong experience with writing complex programs, implementing architectures, and enabling automation in these environments
- Cloud / hybrid / On-prem deployment architectures
- CPU/GPU/FPGA-based computation
- The role will be responsible for providing innovative operational solutions and best practices
- Advanced knowledge in SQL/Hive, Spark, NoSQL, Java/Python is a plus
- Strong programming skills and the ability to utilize a variety of software/languages/tools, e.g., Spark, R, Python, Scala, Java, Hive, SQL, SAS, Tableau, etc.
- Experience with microservice development, Docker, Kubernetes
- Designs and develops complex and large-scale data structures and pipelines to organize, collect and standardize data to generate insight
- Robust analytics and reporting skills – hands-on Experience in BI Tools like Tableau, Power BI, Salesforce Einstein
- Experience using GitHub, Bit Bucket, or other code repository solution
- DevOps experience with Cloud Formation, Data, and ML pipeline experience
Education and Experience Required
- BS in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Statistics or area of study related to data sciences and data mining or relevant experience
- Proven track record of effectively leading and managing employees, managing performance, setting goals for team/individuals, and provide mentoring.
- Experience using JIRA and Agile Project Management software
- Strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to explain complex technical issues in a way that non-technical people may understand
- Able to work in a multicultural environment
- Self-motivated. Capable of working with little or no supervision
- Ability to react positively under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Able to work independently or as a team player
- Enjoy challenging and thought provoking work and have a strong desire to learn and progress
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.