AVP, Business systemsApply Job ID: R-012702 Date posted: 02/03/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations TX-Austin , MA-Boston , CA-San Diego
At LPL Financial we consider it our mission to take care of our advisors so they can take care of their client. Joining as an Assistant Vice President, Advisory Flexibility team, which is within the Technology business unit, you will be responsible for planning, directing projects to help design, build and maintain the sustainable, scalable capabilities that support the delivery of the highest standards of software products, processes. This role will also include responsibility for leading special projects to drive more quality, scope, and scale in the offering and provide technical leadership to other team members.
PROFILE AND JOB RESPONSIBILITY:
- Liaison with Business, Product and Development teams to review and document functional requirements
- Contributes to the business short-and long-term planning sessions and provides direction to ensure understanding of business goals and direction.
- Create workflows based on requirements using Visio, ConfirmIQ, and Mind Maps.
- Own and develop a relationship with business partners by continuous communication
- Create scenarios, scripts, test data and review with stakeholders
- Keeps customers informed of problems, issues, and resolutions.
- Develop custom trend reports, graphs, and statistics to help the project team to make the right decisions.
- Manages customers’ expectations. And Ensures Technology solutions meet customers’ needs.
- Participate in planning, verification and validation of failover, high availability, platform/infrastructure characterization and disaster recovery.
- Execute functional, regression and ad-hoc tests with test cases.
- Partner with multiple teams to triage and troubleshoot defects
- Perform root cause analysis and propose solutions based on business requirements for any defects
- Provide support on setup & scripting of SOAP, REST and excel macros for testing scenarios.
- Run queries in MS SQL server database to perform data validation, to do data setup and help UAT team with test data requirements
- Ability to weigh in on "ad-hoc requirements” & “Business Emergencies" during the planning phase Communicate with business leaders from all verticals about the active working pipeline and obtain priorities of the change requests.
- Document, manage requirements, stories and project progress for Agile SCRUM teams
- Bachelor’s degree or Master Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or other related fields
- 10+ years of relevant technical and business work experience on any configuration tool.
- 5+ experience/in-depth knowledge of business operations and systems requirements processes
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously. Must be comfortable in rapidly changing and sometimes ambiguous work situations.
- Comfortable working independently, adapting to shifting priorities, demands and timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Keen attention to detail and complex problem-solving abilities from operational and technical perspective.
Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects in a fast-moving environment
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team
- Experience balancing the demands of multiple stakeholders simultaneously
- Exceptional customer focus and bias for action
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.