AVP, External Data Distribution Demand and Business ManagerApply Job ID: R-017419 Date posted: 09/08/2021 Primary Location TX-Austin Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
Are you a team player? Are you curious to learn? Are you interested in working in meaningful projects? Do you want to work with cutting-edge technology? Are you interested in being part of a team that is working to transform and do things differently? If so, LPL Financial is the place for you!
Excited to learn more? If so, then this could be the role for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 19,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to objective guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
LPL is seeking a results driven and adaptable technology professional to support the Enterprise Data Integration Services (EDIS) organization in its AVP, External Data Distribution Demand and Business Manager position.
The AVP, External Data Distribution Demand and Business Manager must be a creative problem solver who is able to bounce fluidly between minute details while staying attuned to the macro vision of the department. The primary responsibility will be coordinating day-to-day operations under the direction of the VP, Enterprise Data Integration Services allowing senior management to focus on strategic priorities.
As a strategist, consultant and implementer, the successful candidate will drive operational excellence within the organization based on the priorities of the leadership team and coordinate demand intake and business management for the group.
- Act as an adviser to the VP and the senior management team
- Establish and maintain effective management and reporting routines that allow the senior management team to focus on strategy and delivery
- Coordinate the execution of strategic initiatives and department-wide deliverables
- Assist the senior management team in creating department goals and operationalizing the technology strategy
- Partner with the business to drive intake priorities and report status
- Oversee aspects of development capacity, scheduling and release as it relates to External Data Distribution
- Prepare influential executive level presentations to facilitate fact-based business cases, recommendations, and program updates
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business or Engineering/Computer Information Management
- Highly collaborative with experience in leading and influencing teams and individuals across lines of business, functional areas and different levels of an organization; Courage to hold peers and others not directly in the reporting line accountable
- 10+ years’ experience in a fast paced industry with experience leading both IT and Business teams
- Detail oriented and strong analytical skills
- A natural and confident leader
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; strong executive presence
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives concurrently in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills; a proven “closer”
- Consulting and/or operations expertise preferred
- PMP/PMI certification
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.