AVP, Full Stack Mule DeveloperApply Job ID: R-010098 Date posted: 09/15/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations TX-Austin
At LPL Financial we consider it our mission to take care of our advisors so they can take care of their client. Joining as an AVP Developer, Investor Investor Team, which is within the Technology business unit, you will be responsible for planning, directing projects to help design, build and maintain the sustainable, scalable capabilities that support delivery of the highest standards of software products, processes. This role will also include responsibility for leading special projects to drive more quality, scope, and scale in the offering.
• Build high quality APIs that are scalable and global at the core
• Build custom policies, frameworks/components, Mule flows, error handling, transaction tracing
• Setup Mule Exchange catalogue orgs and assets in Anypoint Platform.
• Create wrapper APIs based on Mule Anypoint Platform Management APIs for automation and integration of other platforms to API Hosting platform
• Using Mule Management APIs, build onboarding and access management automations to the API Hosting platform
• Setup distributed as well as embedded API gateways with various load balancing topologies
• Setup security models and policies for consumers and producers of API and catalog assets
• Work across various platforms and the associated stakeholders/business users
• Understand and follow company policies surrounding data governance, security, and API development
• Assist integrations team in adopting and learning MuleSoft
• Work collaboratively with a geographically dispersed team
• Design, develop, test and implement technical solutions based on business requirements and strategic direction.
• Collaborate with other Development teams, Enterprise Architecture and Support teams to design, develop, test and maintain the various platforms and their integration with other systems.
• Assess opportunities for application and process improvements and prepare documentation outlining platform road map.
• Maintain, troubleshoot, optimize and enhance existing systems.
• Communicate with technical and non-technical groups on a regular basis as part of product/project support.
Desired Technical Qualifications:
• Experience in developing large-scale integration and API solutions using MuleSoft
• Experience in creating RAML and SWAGGER based API contracts and mocking services
• Experience in working with API Management, ARM, Exchange and Access Management modules
• Experience in creating custom policies and custom connectors
• Experience in deploying API / Microservices using various modes including ARM, Containers and Cloud
• Development skills/tools: Java EE, Eclipse, Unix Shell Scripting, ANT, Jython/Python, .Net, Powershell
• Experience with SDLC development processes (Waterfall, Agile, Lean) and tools (e.g., Jira, Git)
• Experience with Service Oriented Architectures
• Excellent problem solving & troubleshooting skills
• Excellent skills of designing and developing the micro APIs and consuming the APIs.
• Must have experience integrating the system over HTTP, JMS or other distributed technologies.
• Must have 4 plus years of software development experience with Mule Soft platform.
• Must have excellent troubleshooting skills with Mule Run time, Mule Platform API and Mule Gateway tools.
• Expertise with MS SQL. Should be able to write efficient queries in MS SQL Should be well verse with query troubleshooting and optimization tools available in SQL Server platform.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, both technical and non-technical.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• 7-10 years of Enterprise Application Integration development experience.
• 4 + years of MuleSoft development
• Mulesoft Integration/API pro certification is big plus
• Mule 4 and PCE 2.0 experience will be a plus
• Experience working with remote teams and contingent workers/SOW
• Experience using Agile & Waterfall methodologies.
• Experience working with Java or Microsoft Technologies like C#, .Net framework tools.
• Experience working with MS Visio, word and Excel.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.