AVP, Internal Consulting (Insurance Manager)Apply Job ID: R-010483 Date posted: 07/21/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations TX-Austin , NC-Charlotte , CA-San Diego ,CA-San Diego
LPL Financial is currently searching for an Assistant Vice President to manage our Insurance Consulting team. The Insurance Consulting team provides sales, case design, and product support to LPL Financial advisors on behalf of our brokerage general agency, LPL Insurance Associates. LPL Insurance Associates is a brokerage agency available to all affiliated LPL advisors specializing in life, long-term care, and disability insurance.
The AVP would have the primary responsibility of managing and optimizing the day to day activities of the insurance consultants, execution against sales strategy, specific campaigns and initiatives, etc. In addition, the AVP would partner closely with the agency leadership team to develop sales strategies and maintain ongoing training and coaching regimen for the insurance consulting team. These activities would also include monitoring trends in activity levels, manage incentive compensation plans and calculations, and participate in overall sales and marketing initiatives. The AVP role would ensure, track, and monitor service levels, quality of interactions for the internal consulting team, and be responsible for the execution of a proactive strategy by the Insurance Consultants.
Primary goals for the position include:
- Display strong general management skill set to lead our insurance consulting efforts
- Lead the team with a focus on quality, efficiency, and innovation
- Utilize strategic agility to drive growth for our insurance business
- Utilize problem-solving abilities and decision-making capabilities to support the team and our advisor base
- Operate the team with excellence through driving goals, accountability and development
- Manage talent to provide coaching, guidance, mentorship, and support for the consulting team
Tactical Requirements for the job include:
- Deploy staff to support service level agreements
- Train, coach, and develop the insurance consultants
- Participate in the agency leadership team to support and influence strategy
- Work across various business lines to drive growth, strategy, and achieve desired production goals
- Engage the broader national sales management team focused on same-store sales growth
- Lead sales meetings
- Manage compensation plans
- Manage carrier relationships and training programs for our consulting efforts
- Assure and track the execution of proactive call campaigns, sales goals and activity goal requirements of the insurance consulting team
- Maintain proper staffing levels by monitoring the PTO requests submitted by the internal consulting team
- Approval of Internal Consulting team time cards
- Track, monitor, and assure that Service Level Agreements for the Insurance Consulting team are being met on a continuous basis
- Assure adherence to policy, procedures, and controls in place for the Internal Consulting team
- Coordinate and participate in the hiring of new internal consultants
- Contribute sales ideas for sales and marketing campaigns
- Monitor and manage activity mix and levels to optimize effectiveness and opportunity capture
- Ensure the insurance consulting team maintains focus on key advisor segments and activities that ultimately drive sales
- Work closely with the VP and product sponsors to identify areas of leverage that would assist the internal team in driving sales goals
- Represent LPL Insurance Associates at conferences, industry events, Advisor training, education forums, etc.
- Identify opportunities to create and deliver on updates to the platforms, new sales ideas or new capabilities in tools, etc.
- Occasional travel
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 5-7 yrs of experience in financial services
- Insurance wholesaling and sales experience required, managing an internal sales desk a plus
- Series 7 and 66 licenses
- Other industry designations such as CLU, CFP, etc. a strong plus
- Strong presentation skills; experience and comfort working with financial advisors and escalated issues
- Strong relationship and people management skills
- Strong communication skills, time and priority management
- Strong skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.