AVP- Platform Lead- Automation & Cognitive TechnologyApply Job ID: R-009888 Date posted: 05/12/2020 Primary Location TX-Austin
- This is Platform lead role for Automation & Cognitive technology. The role will be hands on and has ability to quickly learn, evaluate, POC new 3rd party cognitive products & capabilities on-prem or over cloud.
- This role will be responsible for wrapping the 3rd party capabilities behind LPL specific core framework so that LPL can swap vendors behind the scene with no or manageable impact.
- This role will be responsible to build ecosystem of frameworks of reusable assets that accelerates & governs various Digital Labor Projects / Initiatives across the firm. Reusable assets could be UI-Apps, µMicrosServices or helper libraries.
- This role will support & influence setup & smooth operation of 3rd party platforms & Developer support for environments and use of reusable assets.
- Proven Technical Architecture, solution design and Implementation using RPA tools such as Work Fusion/ Automation Anywhere / UiPath / Blue Prism along with .net, Java and VB scripting
- Experience in using cloud hosted AI capabilities such as AWS TextTrack, Google TF, MS Azure Computer Vision
- At least 2 project implementations as lead architect & digital labor solutions lead.
- 6 to 9 years of IT experience. Minimum 2 years of experience in leading architecture and design for RPA implementations.
- Should have at least 6-9 years of IT experience including at least 2 years of experience
- Extensive experience in client facing roles, gathering requirements and designing solutions
- Architecting enterprise level applications involving multiple systems, sub-systems and ERP applications
- Hands on experience in Work Fusion/Automation Anywhere / Blue Prism / UiPath development – Work Fusion /Automation Anywhere / Blue Prism / UiPath certification preferred.
- Experience with customer interaction and software development lifecycle is a must
- Experience in CI-CD & needs to have DevOps
- Experience in working in Agile methodology (SAFe Agile preferred)
Role and Responsibility
- Architect on Robotic & Cognitive Process Automation – Define, Design and deploy Digital Labor architectural solutions for firm.
- Good Architecture experience of RPA implementation across multiple projects.
- Assess automation opportunity from technical perspective and provide solution. Anticipate, identify, track and resolve technical issues and risks affecting delivery
- Perform detailed estimations towards the finalized in scope processes planned under development sprints
- Support internal training activities and provide technical solutions, effort estimation, define delivery strategy and plan
- Understand firm’s business requirements and clearly document them in order for RPA developers to deploy the automation projects in an optimal manner
- Guide/Lead, mentor and supervise team(s) of developers (on-shore & off-shore) through the project completion. Ensure Quality, Adherence to architecture standard.
- Define complexity of the process in terms of Robotic Process Automation delivery
- Extensive experience of both front office and back office automation using RPA tools and other third automation solutions.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to talk to business and technical teams.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.