AVP, Product OwnerApply Job ID: R-017574 Date posted: 10/19/2021 Primary Location TX-Austin Other Locations SC-Fort Mill , CA-San Diego
Are you a team player? Are you curious to learn? Are you interested in working in meaningful projects? Do you want to work with cutting-edge technology? Are you interested in being part of a team that is working to transform and do things differently? If so, LPL Financial is the place for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 19,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to objective guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
We are looking for an AVP, Product Owner to join the Portfolio Accounting and Fee Billing team.
• Assesses client needs utilizing a structured requirements process (gathering, analyzing, documenting, and managing changes) to assist in identifying business priorities and advices on options.
• Contributes to the business short-and long-term planning sessions and provides direction to ensure understanding of business goals and direction.
• Develops, writes, and communicates business requirements and functional specifications for the implementation of business solutions.
• Ability to weigh in on "Ad-hoc requirements” & “Business Emergencies" during the planning phase
• Communicate with business leaders from all verticals about the active working pipeline and obtain priorities of the change requests.
• Analyzes customer’s operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses to determine opportunities for improvements.
• Own and develop relationship with business partners by continuous communication
• Assists in the business process redesign and documentation as needed for new technology.
• Ensure test strategies involve appropriate integration and process components.
• Investigates problems and develops recommendations for resolution.
• Identifies need for technical assistance to help in problem resolution.
• Keeps customers informed of problems, issues, and resolutions.
• Analyzes performance metrics to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Manages customers’ expectations and ensures Technology solutions meet customers’ needs.
• Provides advice, guidance, encouragement and constructive feedback.
• Ensures work, information, ideas, and technology flow freely across teams.
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
• Bachelor’s degree or Master Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or other related field
• 10+ years of relevant technical and business work experience on any configuration tool
• 10+ experience/in-depth knowledge of business operations and systems requirements processes
• Ability to work collaboratively within a team
• Experience balancing the demands of multiple stakeholders simultaneously
• Exceptional customer focus and bias for action
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Experience within SAFe practices or certification
• POPM, CSPO, or similar certifications
• Understanding of Advisory Fee Billing will be a big plus
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.