AVP, QA EngineeringApply Job ID: R-010359 Date posted: 01/08/2021 Primary Location TX-Austin
As an individual contributor, the AVP, QA Engineer is responsible for leading large and complex corporate sponsored projects and production maintenance efforts through inspection of design documents, creation of manual and automated test scripts, execution of those test scripts and entering and retesting any related defects.
The AVP , QA Engineer oversees teams of Senior and QA Engineers and contractors, and is responsible for the overview and cross application interdependencies. The AVP, QA Engineer acts as a customer advocate, understanding user scenarios, collaborating closely with UAT and a go-to person for BA’s, QA’s and sometimes new developers as well. AVP , QA Engineers also act as Application SMEs/Owners for QA and are responsible for improving Application Coverage and Quality through various Department Initiatives. .
The AVP, QA Engineer is assigned 50-75% Projects and 25-50% to QA Application Maintenance/Department initiatives. Typically, the AVP QA Engineer position owns 3 to 4 large Applications and several Medium-size Applications. AVP , QA Engineers serve as backups to QA Managers and often lead 8 to 15 geographically diverse QA Engineers.
- Leading Large/Complex Projects (Estimates, Test Strategies, Status Reporting, Test Automation and Day-to Day Assignments for QA Engineers and Senior QA Engineers.
- Ensuring and driving cross functional reviews of Requirements, Design and Code
- Ensuring multiple assigned teams are performing well and conducting all QA activities as required
- Application QA Ownership Activities (Master Test Plans, Automation Coverage, Training Documentation, etc.)
- Ensure the Applications that the AVP Engineer is responsible for are updated and maintained regularly
- Create or Execute Sanity, New Functionality and/or Regression Test Scripts documenting and retesting Software Defects. Review the work artifacts of engineers in the QA team assigned to the AVP Engineer.
- Thought Leader in the QA organization , Bringing industry standard best practices and methodology to the Department.
- Lead Team and Dept Process Improvement Activities and initiatives.
- Thorough understanding of LPL systems and sub-systems
- BS in Computer Science/ related field and/or equivalent professional experience
- 10 years of QA experience or equivalent testing Web and/or Mobile Applications.
- 5 years experience creating, managing and driving automated test activities.
- Advanced knowledge of various Software Development Lifecycles, QA Methodologies and Test Techniques, Defect Life-Cycles, creation of Test Plan/Test Strategy documents.
- Proven ability to lead large/complex QA Projects and large teams of QA Engineers.
- Familiarity with Microsoft technologies is preferred, Industry Test Management and Defect Tracking Systems (HP Quality Center), Advanced SQL, Selenium, JAVA and communication/leadership skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills are a must
- Ability to lead and motivate team.
- Able to work independently on assigned initiatives.
- Strong work ethic and strong desire to self-motivate and to initiate.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.