AVP, Sr Network Security Engineer, Technology OpsApply Job ID: R-011527 Date posted: 10/29/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations TX-Austin , CA-Remote , CA-San Diego
Firewall and Network Security Engineering and Management experience in a multiple active Data Center environment utilizing Palo Alto and Cisco Next Generation Firewalls. Individual must have a strong Security focus with a deep understanding of data traffic types and their associated communication parameters.
- 5+ years Engineering and administrating an enterprise level Palo Alto and/or FTD environment.
- 5+ years Networking experience.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of network devices (routers, switches, etc.), including such topics as HTTP headers, ISO layers, and TCP flags.
- Ability to generate and read packet captures for troubleshooting of data traffic flow.
- Experience in scripting languages such as Python, PERL, TCL, etc.
- Fundamental knowledge of encryption to include HTTPS decryption and re-encryption to examine data traffic content.
- Ability to reduce vulnerability footprint of Firewalls (Harden).
- Experience in engineering, implementing and troubleshooting IPsec tunnels on Palo Alto Firewalls
- Directly implemented or supported enterprise class firewalls.
- Experienced in Engineering, implementing and troubleshooting Panorama appliances
- Comfortable accessing and utilizing CLI functions of a Palo Alto Firewalls and Panorama management system.
- Firewall traffic and policy optimization
- Experience in managing and optimizing Logging of Firewall traffic and Rule Base activity.
- Experience with establishing authentication with Microsoft Active Directory for identification and control of users and associated policies.
- Enterprise level Network Routing protocols such as OSPF and BGP configuration.
- Accurate diagraming and documentation skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and ability to identify root causes of issues and provide solutions.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, both oral and written, with the ability to articulate and educate others about complex technology with business acumen.
- Experience working within Federal or Public Regulatory Agency guidelines such as FINRA, PCI-DSS, NERC-CIP helpful.
- The individual in this position will be directly supporting the protection of the company and its external business relationships.
- Familiarity with industry standard automation tool
- Experience with Cisco ISE/NAC and the broader Cisco security portfolio
- Knowledge of Palo Alto auto-scaling deployments on AWS or Azure.
- Palo Alto Professional Security Certifications desirable such as PCNSE.
- Security and Network Certifications desirable such as CISSP, CEH, CCNP, CCNA, CCIE.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.