AVP, Technical LeadApply Job ID: R-015949 Date posted: 07/20/2021 Primary Location TX-Austin Other Locations SC-Fort Mill , CA-Remote
Are you a team player? Are you curious to learn? Are you interested in working in meaningful projects? Do you want to work with cutting-edge technology? Are you interested in being part of a team that is working to transform and do things differently? If so, LPL Financial is the place for you!
Excited to learn more? If so, then this could be the role for you!
LPL Financial is one of the nation's leading financial services companies and a publicly traded company under ticker symbol LPLA. We support over 18,000 financial professionals—including over 14,000 independent advisors, more than 700 financial institutions, and over 4,000 institutional clearing and technology subscribers. We enable advisors to focus on their clients by reducing the complexity of running their practice and we support their business by offering enabling technology, comprehensive clearing and compliance services, practice management programs and training, and independent research. At LPL, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients. And Technology is at the center of our mission.
We are currently looking to hire an AVP, Tech Lead within Technology’s Enterprise Data and Information Services department as part of Enterprise Data Operations & Engineering. This position will assist in gathering requirements, managing product backlogs and assisting customers with meeting their technology needs. The position will act as a technical lead for work orders and operational reporting. The candidate should be capable of developing a strategy for high quality products and have the drive to ensure the vision and success criteria are met.
- Gather requirements from users; document analysis using business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Schedule and lead requirements along with design discussions with customers of all levels throughout the company, including senior leadership.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Perform query and reporting analysis; document data sources and mappings to support reporting and other data requirements.
- Be a liaison between application development team, other technology teams and project and relationship managers.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously and demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity
- Assist department leaders with tracking and reporting project status
- Assist with projects and initiatives as needed for the department
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations
- Manage and ensure requirements are met through the entire SDLC process by participating in design discussions, QA, UAT and deployment.
- Translate business requirements into a solution and analyze tradeoffs between effort and return on value. Socialize these tradeoffs with the project team and stakeholders.
- Ensure requirements and test cases have appropriate sign offs and solutions are effective.
- Actively work to resolve issues when requirements clarification is needed or to facilitate sign off on test cases.
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- Minimum 5+ years of Lead experience with Strong analytical skills – the ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Agile Scrum/SAFE experience
- Working knowledge of TFS, JIRA, QC or other project management tools
- Working knowledge of Informatica, SSIS, SSRS, Actian, Tableau, OBIEE, MSSQL Server, Oracle, MS Visual Studio, Team City and Octopus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related experience
- Ability to lead change and interact effectively with technology and business partners
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Detail oriented and organized with the ability to be comfortable in ambiguous and challenging situations
- High level problem solving skills
- Strong critical thinking and decision making skills
- Attention to detail and quality assurance
- Strong ability to build partnerships with colleagues, desire to learn quickly, be flexible and think strategically
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure with commitment to delivery under tight deadlines
- Ability to innovate and explore possibilities, ability to match business needs with technology solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers and subject matter experts
- Experience with working with data mining, analysis and data processing software
- Finance Domain knowledge preferred
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.