AVP Trading Engineering ManagerApply Job ID: R-011080 Date posted: 11/24/2020 Primary Location TX-Austin Other Locations NC-Charlotte , SC-Columbia , TX-Dallas ,SC-Fort Mill
At LPL Financial we consider it our mission to take care of our advisors so they can take care of their clients. Joining as an Assistant Vice President of the Trading Team, which is within the Technology Business Unit, you will be responsible for planning and directing projects which will design, build and maintain the sustainable, scalable capabilities that support delivery of the highest standards of software products and processes. This role will also include responsibility for leading special projects to drive more quality, scope, and scale in the offerings and provide technical leadership to other team members.
AVP, Trading Engineering Manager
Location: Austin, TX (remote capabilities during pandemic, but relocation a must)
- As the Tech Lead, guide the team’s development efforts towards successful product delivery and support.
- Design, develop, test and implement technical solutions based on business requirements and strategic direction.
- Provide technical leadership to teammates through technical design, code reviews and implementation of best practices, adhering to firm’s SDLC and release processes.
- Collaborate with other Development teams, Enterprise Architecture and Support teams to design, develop, test and maintain the various platforms and their integration with other systems.
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvements and prepare documentation outlining platform road map.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, optimize and enhance existing systems.
- Communicate with technical and non-technical groups on a regular basis as part of product/project support.
- Tech Lead with 5+ years of experience as a leader in designing and implementing complex systems, including developing solutions from scratch.
- .Net developer with 8+ years of experience designing interactive web applications, developing web services (REST/SOAP) and integrating with vendor APIs.
- Capable of effectively planning, prioritizing and executing tasks utilizing resources and tools
- Excellent understanding of system integration. Great track record of implementing the distributed systems with legacy and modern technical tools.
- Must have experience integrating the system over HTTP, JMS or other distributed technologies.
- Experience with MS SQL. Should be able to write efficient queries in MS SQL Should be well verse with query troubleshooting and optimization tools available in SQL Server platform.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, both technical and non-technical.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Motivated and driven by achieving long-term business outcomes.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Extensive full-stack development experience with the following technologies: .NET framework/Core C# working with continuous integration and delivery
- Experience working with source control tools like TFS, GIT etc.
- Nice to have experience working with SQL, TIBCO EMS, JMS and/or Java
- Nice to have experience in writing unit tests using any of these technologies VS Tests, Nunit
- Nice to have experience working with AWS cloud technologies such as EC2, ELB, VPC, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SQS, SNS, Cloud Formation, Route53, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, IAM and Auto Scaling will be a plus.
- Nice to have experience in Docker container development and deploying containers to AWS cloud will be a plus.
- Nice to have experience in working with Machine learning algorithms using Python / R.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.