AVP Trading TechnologyApply Job ID: R-011080 Date posted: 10/02/2020 Primary Location TX-Austin
AVP Trading Technology- will act as a technical lead for our advisor platform and will be responsible for supporting and enhancing this platform.
- Design and lead solutions based on business requirements and strategic direction.
- Provide technical leadership to teammates through technical design, and implementation of best practices, adhering to LPL’s SDLC and RM processes.
- Collaborate with other Development teams, Enterprise Architecture and Support teams to design, develop, test and maintain the case management system and its integration with other systems.
- Provide leadership and guide the team’s development efforts towards successful project delivery and application support.
- Communicate with technical and non-technical groups on a regular basis as part of product/project support
- Maintain, troubleshoot, optimize and enhance Trading Platform applications
- Detect and solve technology delivery issues effectively.
- Ensure service level agreements and contingency activities are covered related to system/application availability.
- 5+ years’ experience in a technical lead capacity for a high performing platform management and software development team
- 10+ years of professional software development experience
- BS or MS in a technical discipline
- Financial services/brokerage firm experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to interface with customers to gather business needs and to present solutions
- Capable of effectively planning, prioritizing and executing tasks utilizing resources and tools
- Experience working with remote teams, vendors and contingent/SOW staff
- Experience using Agile & Waterfall methodologies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Skills and Knowledge:
- Tech Lead with 7+ years of experience in implementing web projects with strong Java and Oracle experience
- Working knowledge of:
- Methodology: Agile, SDLC, SAFe
- Understanding of Trading Flows and Money Management
- Fix Messaging
- Batch processing experience is preferred.
- Software security standards and best practices
- Other: Understanding of concepts such as DevOps, Continuous Integration/Delivery, Test Driven Development
- Exemplary collaboration, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Superior skill and ability in multi-tasking and appropriate prioritization
- Ability to effectively respond to dynamically changing work environment
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.