Performance EngineerApply Job ID: R-013338 Date posted: 04/16/2021 Primary Location TX-Austin Other Locations SC-Fort Mill , CA-San Diego
LPL Financial is seeking highly experienced and skilled talent with proven record of accomplishment in software development that can apply those skills to performance engineering. The candidate filling this position will be experienced and expertly able to diagnose, isolate, and solve complex performance and scalability runtime issues of highly scalable distributed software systems. In addition, this engineer will utilize their software engineering skills to design, integrate and automate the performance testing, analysis, reporting process into the agile pipeline.
This Performance Engineering team position is within the Engineering Quality group in the Software Technology Development department.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Work directly with primary stakeholders: Architecture, App Dev, Performance Testers, Business units and Operations.
- Establish runtime performance standards and best practices
- Review software designs, architectures and code for scalability, performance, stability, and compliance to standards
- Define and create Performance test strategies, test plans, test summary interpretation, and test execution oversight.
- Perform problem isolation, root cause analysis, optimizations, and corrective actions.
- Develop processes, tools and services to integrate and automate performance testing and monitoring into the engineering life cycle.
- Analytical troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- An engineering mindset with engineering background.
- Bachelor’s degree with 5 years or Master’s degree with 3 years’ experience, in software design, implementation and maintaining highly scalable distributed software systems.
Basic Skills and Technologies
- Knowledge of internal runtime of operating systems (Unix / Linux, Windows)
- Experience with scripting languages and Object Oriented languages, such as: Java / .Net / Python / PowerShell
- Experience with Object Oriented Software Design and Programming
- Experience with runtime, tuning and scaling of Web services, JVMs, .NET, IIS, AppPools
- Advanced knowledge of MSFT SQL and/or Oracle, query optimization, query plans, stored procedures, index tuning, and SQL Internals
- Experience with containerized scalable micro services, Kubernetes, Docker, on-prem and cloud
- Working knowledge of protocols: TCP/IP, RESTful Apps, JSON, Single page apps
- Working knowledge of middleware and workflow platforms, such as: MuleSoft, Tibco, AppWay
- Working knowledge of caching platforms, such as: Coherence, SOLR, Apache Ignite
- Knowledge of no SQL data platforms, such as: MapR, Hadoop, Spark
- Experience with APM, Database and Infrastructure monitoring tools, such as: Dynatrace SaaS; SolarWinds DPA & SAM, Visual JM, NMon, MuleSoft AnyPoint, MapR MCS and Grafana.
- Experience with Performance testing tools, such as: JMeter / Blaze Meter, HP Performance Center
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.