Principal Infrastructure Solution ArchitectApply Job ID: R-017322 Date posted: 01/04/2022 Primary Location TX-Austin Other Locations SC-Fort Mill , CA-San Diego
Are you team player and driven technologist looking for an opportunity to solve complex problems and make an impact? Are you interested in being part of a team that works with cutting edge technology to help transform our architecture and platforms to solve these problems? If so, then this could be the role for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
The Principal Infrastructure Solution Architect will possess technical expertise and engineering skills which allows them to be considered a leading subject matter expert for designing technical infrastructure solutions involving, network, OS, storage, VMs, and cloud solutions with AWS and/or MS Azure. This individual is a thought leader and driver of change that must be able to work in a fast paced, start up like environment, create architecture designs, facilitate implementation, influence the adoption of new processes and tools.
- Perform high-level systems analysis, evaluation, design, integration, and facilitate implementation of current and future LPL products that require a thorough knowledge of the technologies and capabilities of the platform
- Identify risks in the environment that threaten stability, resiliency, performance, and security followed by defining solutions to address the risks and working cross-functionally to get the solution prioritized and delivered
- Apply a continuous improvement mindset and work cross-functionally to mitigate non-functional risks by enhancing processes and the control environment
- Participate on Cloud SME/COE governance panels to drive process improvements
- Promote, practice, and deliver infrastructure solutions to align Architecture Principles and Tech Stack standards
- Collaborate across enterprise to develop an Architecture Roadmap and deliver against the commitments
- Identify technology gaps and evaluate tools/products to resolve those gaps
- Collaborate with customers and project teams to understand business requirements and develop technical requirements
- Participate in application roadmap planning with stakeholders, application teams. Solutions architects and engineering groups
- Deveop and maintain design documentation standards / templates
- Develop and document re-usable reference architecture patterns
- Develop / Document High Level Solutions with High Level Estimates
- Develop / Document Low Level Design with detailed quotes
- Create infrastructure build requests and follow through for completion
- Participates in the creation and maintenance of metrics around the system and institutes a process for continuous improvement
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree or technical institute degree/certificate or 7+ years of relevant experience
- Hands-on experience developing architecture blueprints, systems diagrams, data models, process flows, data flows, and other key architecture deliverables
- Experience in migrating monolith on-prem applications to cloud using Refactoring, Re-architecting and Re-platforming approach including 12 factor
- Hands on experience designing infrastructure solutions with AWS cloud in large corporate ecosystem
- Ability to convey technical solutions clearly to the entire organization and experience working with senior leaders across the firm to leverage technology in the pursuit of business outcomes
- Adept at defining IT vision and strategy and identification of initiatives that lead to target state architectures and outcomes.
- Continuous learner especially in emerging areas of technology, modern work practices and digital transformation.
- Demonstrate competency in innovative, strategic thinking, and leadership with strong abilities in relationship management.
- Experience working and leading in matrixed, fast moving environments.
- Extensive experience working in large technology ecosystems with emphasis on integrating multiple externally facing high scale, high volume, always-on mission-critical systems
- Knowledge/Experience with the following:
- AWS (Primary) and Azure (Secondary) Cloud platforms
- Microsoft Server administration and troubleshooting
- Redhat Linux administration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Active Directory, AWS, MS Azure AD
- F5 Application Load Balancers
- Network protocols and diagnosing connection-related issues
- Firewall Rule Management, Port Translation, Quality of Service, and Network Protocol Routing
- Security Information & Event Monitoring Solutions
- Intrusion Detection/Prevention Solutions
- SQL Server and Oracle Database
- SAN/NAS Storage solutions
- SSL Certificate Requests, Installation and PKI Management
- Automation – Terraform, Octopus, Cloudformation
- Scripting, Configuration – PowerShell, Python, JSON, YAML, etc
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.