Product OwnerApply Job ID: R-012381 Date posted: 02/01/2021 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations TX-Austin , SC-Fort Mill
Role and Expectations
The Product Owner is a vital part of the Scrum Team. The Product Owner helps bring purpose to the Scrum Team and is charged with maximizing the value of the team’s work. The Product Owner maintains the Product Backlog and works closely with Stakeholders, Customers, and the Business to cultivate and nurture a community around the product. He/She is a liaison between the Scrum Team and Stakeholders to ensure the team is building the right product at the right time. The Product Owner provides “who, what, and why” so that the Scrum Team can answer “how.”
- 80% Execution and 20% Strategy
- Be a conduit between the Scrum Team and the Business to eliminate interruption
- Meet with Stakeholders to understand the strategic vision for the Product
- Collaborate with the Product Manager to define Features
- Break Features down to User Stories and prioritize the Product Backlog
- Balance work on current solutions and future opportunities and decide what will and will not stay in the Product Backlog
- Assist the Scrum Team with creating Acceptance Criteria and defining the team’s “Definition of Ready” and ‘Definition of Done”
- Be available to the Scrum Team to answer questions about the Product by attending Scrum Ceremonies
- Review User Stories to ensure all defined Acceptance Criteria has been met
- Showcase the Scrum Team’s accomplishments and receive feedback at Demo & Review
- Represent the Scrum Team at SoS and keep a pulse on the direction of the Program
- Be an advocate for the Scrum Team and explain their capabilities and limitations to the Business - set the team up for success, not failure
- Understand and embody the Scrum Core Values
- Must be able to comfortably and effectively communicate cross-functionally with multiple technical and non-technical teams
- Outstanding organizational skills, especially with adapting to change and shifting priorities appropriately
- Ability to size and scope features and stories, as well as use quantifiable methods to prioritized work
- Actual working experience and demonstration of competency as a PO within SAFe, including leading PI planning breakout sessions and PI objectives for a product team is a major plus.
- Ability to effectively address “cost, performance, and schedule” constraints
- Translate strategic vision into technical specifications
- 3+ years as a Product Owner
- 3+ years direct experience working with Agile/Scrum
- Certified Scrum Product Owner and/or Professional Scrum Product Owner preferred
- Mobile experience a big plus
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.