Senior AWS DevOps EngineerApply Job ID: R-010400 Date posted: 07/09/2020 Primary Location TX-Austin
We are currently seeking Senior AWS DevOps Engineer at LPL, you have a strong background in software engineering and will employ DevOps tools to improve the development team’s production. You will work with the development team through the process of designing and writing a dependable codebase. This position will also allow you to innovate our engineering systems and practices
Key Responsibilities / Duties
- Design and Architect infrastructure solutions for new product services
- Conduct system monitoring across cloud environments
- Triage and resolve technical and user issues
- Automate installation, configuration, backup, monitoring and alerting processes
- Apply security best practices and regional regulations to infrastructure management
- Write and maintain system operations run books
- Design, develop, and implement software integrations based on user feedback.
- Troubleshoot production issues and coordinate with the development team to streamline code deployment.
- Implement automation tools and frameworks (CI/CD pipelines)
- Hands-on experience with creation and automation of Data pipelines and Machine learning pipelines, model training, testing and deployment using Airflow, EMR
- Hands on experience with creation and automation of Data pipe lines and Machine learning pipelines , model training, testing and deployment using Airflow, EMR, Glue etc.
- Experience with micro serviced, Docker and Kubernetes
- Apply cloud (AWS, Azure) computing skills to deploy upgrades and fixes.
- Analyze code and communicate detailed reviews to development teams to ensure a marked improvement in applications and the timely completion of projects
- Collaborate with team members to improve the company’s engineering tools, systems and procedures, and data security
- Optimize the company’s computing architecture
- Conduct systems tests for security, performance, and availability
- Develop and maintain design and troubleshooting documentation
Work Experience / Knowledge
- You have 5+ years’ experience as a DevOps Engineer or equivalent software-engineering role
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or an equivalent
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS is required)
- Strong experience with SQL and MySQL (NoSQL experience is a plus)
- Working understanding of code and script (PHP, Python, Perl and/or Ruby)
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available services
- You can maintain Java web applications
- You have experience in network, server, and application-status monitoring.
- You possess a strong command of software-automation production systems (Jenkins and Selenium)
- You exhibit expertise in software development methodologies
- You have working knowledge of Ruby or Python and known DevOps tools like Git and GitHub
- You have a working knowledge of databases and SQL (Structured Query Language)
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field.
- Experience using JIRA and Agile Project Management software
- Experience using GitHub, Bit Bucket, or other code repository solution
- Strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Able to work in a global, multicultural environment
- Self-motivated. Capable of working with little or no supervision
- Ability to react positively under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Able to work independently or as a team player
- Enjoy challenging and thought provoking work and have a strong desire to learn and progress
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here!
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here.