Senior Big Data DeveloperApply Job ID: R-010207 Date posted: 09/24/2020 Primary Location TX-Austin
- Act as primary lead for Informatica projects
- Create application designs and produce design specifications to be reviewed with other tech leads, architecture, and management team
- Lead multiple simultaneous efforts with aggressive deadlines
- Mentor offshore and sr. developers to develop proper system designs and find efficiencies in delivery
- Create estimations for project work prior to kick-off and adjustments as requirements fluctuate
- Assist analysts with data mapping specification to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Keep senior leaders well informed during the project life cycle
- Root Cause analysis for ETL job failures/Data issues raised by business
- 4 years of Python or Scala development experience
- 5 years of experience with Hadoop technologies (architecture, design, implementation)
- 3 years of experience Java development
- Experience writing complex SQL, PL/SQL and Performance Tuning is a plus
- Strong database experience, data analysis and analytical skills
- Strong working experience of the SDLC processes
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Computer-related degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong analytical problem solving skills
- Ability to work with limited guidance in a team environment
- Full software life-cycle experience
- Exemplary communication abilities
- Experience in financial services a plus
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.