Senior Developer - Data ServicesApply Job ID: R-013310 Date posted: 04/08/2021 Primary Location TX-Austin Other Locations SC-Fort Mill , CA-Remote
We are currently looking to hire a Seniro Developer within the Enterprise Data and Information Services team, which is part of LPL’s Technology organization. This position is responsible for analysis, design and implementation of microservices needed to support various data domains and integration efforts. This position will help to define standards and patterns for microservices; and provide guidance for other Agile pods within the team to develop and maintain microservices in support of business functions and processes.
- Development of services on cloud-native stack
- Adhere to industry standards and methodologies for software development
- Facilitate API-first software development to define and design APIs
- Provide technical guidance on standards, design patterns, architectural patterns and frameworks that support the development and operation of microservices within the firm
- Collaborate with analysts, modelers and subject matter experts in domain and data modeling
- Support metadata management and information science practices that unlocks data as an asset for the firm
- Maintain technical documentation that facilitate understanding, maintaining, reusing and refactoring of code
- Support innovation within LPL by working on proof of concepts, capturing lessons learnt and disseminating knowledge with peers
- Bachelor’s degree and/or relevant experience in IT related software development or support
- 6-8 years’ experience in design and development of backend RESTful web services using languages such as Java, .NET, Golang or Python (ex: ASP.NET Core in .NET 5)
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Experience with design and development of services with high performance and scalability
- Experience with developing on a major cloud computing provider (ex: AWS)
- Experience with documenting RESTful web services with OpenAPI specification
- Experience with implementing authentication/authorization of RESTful web services
- Knowledgeable of API security best practices (e.g., TLS, CORS)
- Experience with domain/data modeling tools (e.g., erwin Data Modeler) or methodologies (e.g., Domain-Driven Design)
- Experience with development against relational database (ex: Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL)
- Experience with DevOps toolchain that enables CI/CD pipeline (e.g., Git, TFS, Jenkins, TeamCity, Octopus, Puppet)
- Strong problem-solving skills (e.g., root cause analysis) to debug or improve existing systems
- Strong project leadership skills to manage Agile team to deliver product features
- Financial services industry experience is a plus
- Knowledgeable of enterprise integration patterns
- Experience with integration with message frameworks (ex: TIBCO EMS, Kafka)
- Experience with design, implementation and adoption of container tech stack (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with migration from legacy monolith architecture to microservices architecture
- Experience with developing RESTful web services using serverless compute (e.g., AWS Lambda) and other cloud computing services (e.g., Amazon API Gateway, AWS App Sync)
- Experience with GraphQL, gRPC or Webhooks
- Experience with frontend tech stack (e.g., Node.js, Angular, React)
- Experience with creation of metadata management artifacts such as data dictionary, business glossary, data flow map, data lineage diagram or ontologies
- Experience with development against non-relational database (e.g., key-value store, columnar store, graph database)
- Experience with functional (e.g., Cucumber) or performance (e.g., JMeter, BlazeMeter) testing tools/frameworks
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.