Senior DevOps EngineerApply Job ID: R-012456 Date posted: 02/17/2021 Primary Location TX-Austin
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Technology organization as a Senior DevOps Engineer supporting various Advisor & Client Technology. This team oversees trading, fee billing, data, service transformation by delivering a transformed, multi-channel service experience to our advisors leveraging artificial intelligence, machine learning, straight through processing, and other innovative capabilities.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to teammates through technical design of CI/CD processes and process orchestration, code reviews and implementation, adhering to industry standard best practices.
- Create standards and tools that enable faster delivery of software features with governance enforcement of coding and test standards
- Drive implementation of CI/CD to enable frictionless delivery of changes to production with quality in collaboration with Engineering and Infrastructure teams.
- Responsible for establishing security and operations governance enforcement as part of the tooling framework to ensure stability and reliability.
- Implement tools that integrate with the organization change control platform providing greater transparency on the changes adhering to the audit/compliance guidelines.
- 6+ years overall technology experience.
- 3+ years DevOps experience
- 3+ years’ experience working with infrastructure engineers and software development teams.
- 3+ years’ experience with Microsoft stack. Experience as a sysadmin with Linux is a plus.
- 3+ years of scripting using PowerShell and Bash.
- 2+ years of experience with AWS and ability to design AWS deployment pipelines.
- AWS or Azure certification or equivalent experience.
- Strong working knowledge of one or more of the following (1-4) listed below:
- 1- Puppet, Chef, TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, Ansible, TFS/Azure DevOps.
- 2- Software security standards and best practices
- 3- Concepts such as DevOps, Continuous Integration/Delivery, Test Driven Development, Scaled Agile, Agile.
- 4- Git source control and common branching strategies
Additional Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to articulate the vision influencing the adoption of the DevOps culture promoting effective delivery.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Exemplary collaboration, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Excellent soft skills; service oriented, ability to work with software and infrastructure engineers as well as non-technical clients.
- Effective at planning, prioritization, task execution and time management.
- A track record of identifying new opportunities for automation or orchestration.
- Able to synthesize automation and orchestration solutions for new platforms and technologies.
- Strong working knowledge of Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Ability to effectively respond to dynamically changing work environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of CI/CD and implementations and can teach others.
- Mastery of the major CI/CD tools used at LPL and can teach others.
- Comprehensive knowledge of containerization and related tooling and can integrate container applications into CI/CD.
- Expert level scripting with PowerShell and Bash, can handle any DevOps scripting task on their own.
- Effective as a mentor and frequently provides assistance and guidance to others.
- Comprehensive understanding of networking, storage, and provides storage to provide installation and configuration automation solutions with no guidance or help. Provides assistance and guidance to others.
- Proficient with security concepts from a DevOps perspective and capable of providing analysis and remediation of potential vulnerabilities.
- Solid understanding of practices to provide administration, maintenance, troubleshooting, performance optimization and stability support for critical DevOps supported software and tooling with no guidance or assistance, and can teach others.
- Can take primary ownership of the DevOps CI/CD pipelines and custom solutions of the major platforms such as Mulesoft, ForgeRock, Appway, FICO/DMS, NICE, and can teach others.
- Experience working with remote teams, vendors and contingent/SOW staff is a plus
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.