Senior DevOps EngineerApply Job ID: R-012456 Date posted: 04/12/2021 Primary Location TX-Austin
Are you passionate about implementing industry leading Enterprise wide DevSecOps solutions? Are you excited about scripting who loves to develop CI/CD tools to enable the developers to deliver efficiently with quality?
If yes, then this could be the role for you!
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Technology organization as a Senior DevOps Engineer supporting various Advisor & Client Technology. This team oversees trading, fee billing, data, service transformation by delivering a transformed multi-channel service experience to our advisors leveraging artificial intelligence, machine learning, straight through processing, and other innovative capabilities.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to teammates through technical design of CI/CD processes and process orchestration, code reviews and implementation, adhering to industry standard best practices.
- Create standards and tools that enable faster delivery of software features with governance enforcement of coding and test standards
- Drive implementation of CI/CD to enable frictionless delivery of changes to production with quality in collaboration with Engineering and Infrastructure teams.
- Responsible for establishing security and operations governance enforcement as part of the tooling framework to ensure stability and reliability.
- Implement tools that integrate with the organization change control platform providing greater transparency on the changes adhering to the audit/compliance guidelines.
What does your success look like in the first 90 days?
Learn the LPL key components including architecture, operations & tooling, how domain teams interact with the DevSecOps team and how the integrations are done between the CI/CD pipelines. Understand the functionality and operational characteristics of the components being worked on. Explore the options to enhance the reliability of various components and ready to take charge on building/improving the CI/CD solutions for the developer community. Demonstrate proactive and corrective actions as needed.
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- 6+ years overall technology experience with min 3 years of DevOps experience with SDLC
- 3+ years’ experience working with infrastructure engineers and software development teams.
- 3+ years’ experience with Microsoft stack including PowerShell scripting
- 2+ years of experience with AWS and ability to design AWS deployment pipelines.
Strong working knowledge of one or more of the following listed below:
- GitHub, TFS/Azure DevOps, TeamCity, Artifactory, Octopus Deploy, Ansible, Puppet, Chef.
- Software security standards and best practices
- Concepts such as DevOps, Continuous Integration/Delivery, Test Driven Development, Scaled Agile.
- Git source control implementation and common branching strategies
- Ability to articulate the vision influencing the adoption of the DevSecOps culture promoting effective delivery.
- Excellent soft skills; service oriented, ability to work with software and infrastructure engineers as well as non-technical clients.
- Effective at planning, prioritization, task execution and time management.
- Comprehensive knowledge of containerization and related tooling to integrate container applications into CI/CD.
- Expert level scripting with PowerShell and Bash, can handle any DevOps scripting task independently.
- Solid understanding of practices to provide administration, maintenance, troubleshooting, performance optimization and stability support for critical DevOps supported software and tooling under minimal guidance.
- Can take primary ownership of the DevOps CI/CD pipelines and custom solutions of the major platforms such as Mulesoft, ForgeRock, Appway, FICO/DMS, NICE.
- AWS or Azure Certification
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.