SR. BRMS EngineerApply Job ID: R-020297 Date posted: 01/11/2022 Primary Location TX-Austin Other Locations SC-Fort Mill , CA-Remote , CA-San Diego
Are you a team player? Are you curious to learn? Are you interested in working in meaningful projects? Do you want to work with cutting-edge technology? Are you interested in being part of a team that is working to transform and do things differently? If so, LPL Financial is the place for you!
LPL Financial is one of the nation's leading financial services companies and a publicly traded company under ticker symbol LPLA. We support over 18,000 financial professionals—including over 14,000 independent advisors, more than 700 financial institutions, and over 4,000 institutional clearing and technology subscribers. We enable advisors to focus on their clients by reducing the complexity of running their practice and we support their business by offering enabling technology, comprehensive clearing and compliance services, practice management programs and training, and independent research. At LPL, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients. And Technology is at the center of our mission.
We are looking for Senior BRMS Engineer with experience in analyzing business systems and creating Rules strategy using a decision management framework. An ideal candidate will have strong technical skills in developing within enterprise rules engine tools.
- Hands on experience in rules engine to design & develop complex rules applications
- Drive requirements gathering, flush out design, and arrive at a technical solution for big and small projects around Enterprise rules engine
- Devise solutions based on business problems. The designs include requirements documentation, graphical representations (UML diagrams), and presentations that describe the desired solution or product feature
- Troubleshooting issues to fix errors, improve performance, or refactoring code as needed, production support
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Knowledge and understanding of business rules management systems (BRMS) such as FICO Decision Management Platform, Blaze Advisor or Drools
- Experience in setting up new BRMS platform
- Experience building Middleware such as REST or SOAP services in Mulesoft, Tibco, and/or .NET
- Financial services background are highly desired.
- Experience in Rules Extraction, Documentation, Categorization
- Experience in Rules Analysis to identify issues/redundancy/complexity
- Experience in using FICO Blaze Advisor for building Templates, SRL, Unit Testing, Libraries, RMA
- Experience in CI/CD or similar release management processes for FICO Blaze Advisor based projects
- Building Middleware such as REST or SOAP services in Mulesoft, Tibco, and/or .NET.
- Some form of BPM workflow and BRMS experience a plus (Appway / FICO product a plus)
- Microsoft Sql Server experience. Oracle experience a plus.
- Unix and Java development experience a plus
- Communication and interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and an ability to build relationships with all levels within the organization
- Understanding of full software development life-cycle (SDLC) and agile methodologies
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.