Sr. Business / Data / System AnalystApply Job ID: R-010274 Date posted: 07/22/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations TX-Austin
- Gather requirements from users; document analysis using business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis
- Schedule and lead requirements and design discussions with customers of all levels throughout the company including executives
- Innovate on out of the box solution that leverages the holistic knowledge of variety of use cases.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs
- Perform query and reporting analysis; document data sources and mappings to support reporting and other data requirements
- Be a liaison between the application development team, other technology teams and project and relationship managers
- Manage and ensure requirements are met through the entire SDLC process by participating in design discussions, QA, UAT and deployment
- Translate business requirements into a solution and analyze tradeoffs between effort and return on value. Socialize these tradeoffs with the project team and stakeholders • Ensure requirements and test cases have appropriate sign offs and solutions are effective. Actively work to resolve issues users when requirements clarification is needed or to facilitate sign off on test cases
- 10 + years of experience functioning as a business analyst within a mid to large organization
- Wealth Management Experience (or Asset Management experience with conceptual knowledge on WM is fine) preferred or Financial Industry experience
- Expert experience with requirements gathering and management in Agile and Waterfall project approaches. Detail oriented and critical thinker.
- Experience in non-functional requirements gathering, traceability and UAT coordination and support.
- Demonstrable facilitation and leadership skills in requirements solicitation and review (user interviews)
- Adept at SQL queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Working knowledge of TFS, JIRA, QC, Aha! and other project management tools
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously. Must be comfortable in rapidly changing and sometimes ambiguous work situations.
- Comfortable working independently, adapting to shifting priorities, demands and timelines in a fast paced environment
- Keen attention to detail and complex problem solving abilities from operational and technical perspective. Ability to work independently and engage other team members as needed
- Ability to handle full workload and meet proposed deadlines
- Demonstrated understanding of data structures, data modelling, db schema is required. Knowledge of technologies including SQL, XML and web application concepts.
- Expert written and oral communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse groups, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Exposure to enterprise integration tools, and extract/transform/load (ETL) tools.
- Experience in Agile development methodology/Scrum is preferred
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.