Sr. Business/System AnalystApply Job ID: R-012679 Date posted: 02/22/2021 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations TX-Austin
We are looking for a Senior Business/System Analyst with experience in analyzing client needs and communicating requirements, timelines and capabilities to a wide group of colleagues, customers and peers. Candidates should have extensive experience in data and business system analysis with Oracle/SQL based applications and be adept at investigating and solving complex data and integration issues. As the trusted product designate for business units, the ideal candidate will have strong facilitation, communication and interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and an ability to build relationships with all levels within the organization. Financial services background and general warehouse data and systems integration experience are highly desired.
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to translate requirements into product features, user stories and tasks in JIRA/Aha!
- Research business requirements, document user stories, test cases and collaborate with Core team of developers to estimate level of effort
- Lead design discussions with users, technical and functional stakeholders to analyze business functionality, technical evaluation, integration and data needs to clarify, refine and document requirements.
- Critically evaluate information and business needs from multiple data sources. Reconcile differences and troubleshoot issues. Be adept at decomposing high-level stakeholder needs into business requirements and explaining detailed technical concepts at a high level.
- Collaborate with developers, product managers, subject matter experts and users to communicate the proposed solution vision and translate those requirements into the Athena product storyboard
- Devise solutions based on business problems. The designs include requirements documentation, graphical representations, and presentations that describe the desired solution or product feature. Documentation will include business process flows, integration diagrams, RACIs, application prototypes, user stories and specific, testable functional requirements.
- Be a liaison between the application development team, other technology teams such as QA and product management.
- Using solid understanding of project management practices, SDLC and Agile deliverables, manage requirements delivery to: create and review backlog, plan sprint releases, manage releases builds and deployments, manage release expectation and communication with product management and stakeholders.
- Manage change control process to help prioritize and estimate enhancements requests.
- Proven ability to lead teams, create action plans & resolve obstacles to achieve deadlines.
- Demonstrate ability to create a positive and professional business relationship with business and technology stakeholders at all levels.
- Report progress and status updates to Senior Management in an efficient manner.
- 7+ years of experience functioning as a business analyst within a mid to large organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or another related field.
- Expertise in the Financial Industry, particularly around trading and transaction management is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of Data warehouse with Facts and Dimensions structures would be an advantage.
- Experience with ETL tools, and reporting tools is highly desirable.
- Expert experience with requirements gathering and management in agile project approaches. Detail oriented and critical thinker.
- Demonstrated understanding of data structures, data modelling, data base schemas is required. Knowledge of technologies including SQL, XML and web application concepts.
- Experience in functional and non-functional requirements gathering, traceability and UAT coordination and support.
- Experience in Agile development methodology/Scrum is strongly preferred
- Demonstrable facilitation and leadership skills in requirements solicitation and review (stakeholder interviews)
- Comfortable working independently, adapting to shifting priorities, demands and timelines in a fast paced environment
- Expert written and oral communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse groups, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Contributes to the business short-and long-term planning sessions and provides direction to ensure understanding of business goals and direction.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.