Sr. DeveloperApply Job ID: R-008923 Date posted: 02/26/2021 Primary Location TX-Austin
Reporting to the AVP (or Manager) of Software Quality Assurance, the Sr. QA Automation Engineer performs software quality and test processes within the context of a project or release. With assistance from more senior members of the team, the Sr. QA Automation Engineer builds and maintains Automation Scripts to support LPL systems and applications and uses this knowledge to develop and execute test strategies that fully exercise system functionality.
Essential Functions: (List in order of importance and estimate the percentage of time spent.)
• Completes test preparation and test execution tasks as assigned by QA Manager.
• Designs and implements automation solutions based on system understanding and analysis of technology and system specifications.
• Maps automation test cases to requirements or functional test cases to ensure complete test coverage.
• Identifies test data requirements and generates required test data.
• Prioritizes test cases taking into account business priorities, risk, and combinatorial analysis.
• Executes Automated Functional, Regression, and System testing for primarily web-based applications
• Reports software defects and shepherds them through the defect life cycle to closure.
• Reports test progress and quality status to project stakeholders.
• Participates in project release efforts ranging in scope from small to very large.
• Serves as a technology ambassador for automation and efficiency solutions
• Serves as a subject matter expert for Automation Test Library in one or more areas of our applications, typically of moderate to high complexity.
• Works with peers in test, development, data center and other organizations to troubleshoot and resolve project issues both technical and non-technical in nature.
• Participates in and occasionally leads process improvement efforts within QA and the larger technology organization.
• Follows all LPL best practices in software project execution.
• Maintains Automation and test case management tool for assigned areas of test suite ownership.
• Configures test environments as necessary to support test efforts.
• Recommends improvements in Automation strategies, software and process
• Mentors and oversees the work of more junior engineers as assigned.
• Performs code and standards reviews
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.