Sr Development LeadApply Job ID: R-010264 Date posted: 06/11/2020 Primary Location TX-Austin
Development Lead for Advisor Compensation Systems
The Development Lead, Advisor Compensation Systems is responsible for hands on development and maintenance of advisor compensation systems. The incumbent also leads large development initiatives, leveraging both on and off shore developers, for the on time and successful implementation of strategic enhancements to critical systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop, in partnership with enterprise architecture and key technology and business partners, critical development initiatives
• Application life-cycle management of commission applications and platforms
• Management of analyst and development teams responsible for commission platforms
• Collaborate with enterprise and solutions architecture to ensure solutions and platforms are designed with capability and supportability
• Develop positive relationships with business partners to better understand their needs, manage expectations, and deliver value-add solutions
• Provide leadership and guidance in all team development efforts for successful project delivery and application and platform support
• Collaborate with other teams (technical and non-technical) to ensure successful project delivery and adherence to SDLC processes
• 3+ years in a team lead capacity for a distributed group in an enterprise with a high performing technical team
• 10+ years of professional software development experience in a diverse set of technology disciplines
• 10+ years of financial services/brokerage firm experience required
• Working knowledge of multiple investment grade asset classes and the advisory business
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or a related field
• Proven track record delivering critical technology platforms
• Experience with designing and implementing mission critical systems that manage large scale data sets
• Experience working with remote teams and offshore vendors
Skills and Knowledge:
• Experience with relational databases and strong functional knowledge of SQL
• Experience with distributed computing platforms and practical development experience in one or more programming languages
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
• Experience with DevOps processes
• Experience working within both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
• Broad background of software engineering skills on a variety of technologies, specifically:
o MS SQL, Oracle
o Oracle Forms
o MS .Net
o Angular JS
o Team Foundation Server (TFS)
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.