Sr Middleware DeveloperApply Job ID: R-014258 Date posted: 06/30/2021 Primary Location TX-Austin Other Locations SC-Fort Mill , NC-Remote
Are you a team player? Are you curious to learn? Are you interested in working in meaningful projects? Do you want to work with cutting-edge technology? Are you interested in being part of a team that is working to transform and do things differently? If so, LPL Financial is the place for you!
Excited to learn more? If so, then this could be the role for you!
LPL Financial is one of the nation's leading financial services companies and a publicly traded company under ticker symbol LPLA. We support over 18,000 financial professionals—including over 14,000 independent advisors, more than 700 financial institutions, and over 4,000 institutional clearing and technology subscribers. We enable advisors to focus on their clients by reducing the complexity of running their practice and we support their business by offering enabling technology, comprehensive clearing and compliance services, practice management programs and training, and independent research. At LPL, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients. And Technology is at the center of our mission.
LPL is currently looking to hire a Senior Middleware Developer, within our Technology organization. This position will act as a key developer within our cloud initiatives.
- Act as key developer in cloud initiatives
- Propose application designs to review with Tech Lead
- Working with the development team to create new Restful APIs and Microservices, coding with C#/ .Net Core, and deploying to Serverless AWS using Lambda, EC2, S3, DynamoDB services.
- Design, develop, test and implement technical solutions based on business requirements and strategic direction.
- Collaborate with other Development teams, Enterprise Architecture and Support teams to design, develop, test and maintain the various platforms and their integration with other systems.
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvements and prepare documentation outlining platform road map.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, optimize and enhance existing systems.
- Communicate with technical and non-technical groups on a regular basis as part of product/project support.
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- 7-10 years of Enterprise Application Integration development experience
- Strong background in web tier and middle tier development with object-oriented programming experience with ASP.Net / C#
- Experience with Microsoft .NET, ASP.NET MVC, API, ASP.NET Core technologies.
- Experience with Amazon AWS Cloud programming (such as EMR, Dynamo DB, API Gateway, Lambda )
- Proficient in creating Web API's (REST).
- Computer-related degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical problem solving skills
- Ability to work with limited guidance in a team environment
- Experience with SAFe agile framework
- Experience in financial services a plus
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.