Sr. Unified Communications EngineerApply Job ID: R-010449 Date posted: 06/29/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations TX-Austin , CA-San Diego
- Maintain and administer Cisco telephony equipment.
- Design/deploy/maintain Cisco voice & video products across the entire portfolio.
- Configure and troubleshoot VoIP traffic across Cisco switches and routers.
- Responsible for DNIS routing and 800 # conditioning.
- Perform system integrity and connectivity tests to ensure system availability.
- Troubleshoot voice communications problems of varying complexity.
- Identify opportunities to streamline and optimize routing strategies; teach others how to maintain and create effective routing strategies.
- Explain complex telecom strategies to others in the organization and describe their advantages and disadvantages in simple business terms.
- Lead projects and mentor other team members.
- Participate in limited after hours and on-call support as part of a team rotation.
- At least 5 years of engineering experience in telecommunications.
- At least 3 years of technical hands-on experience with Cisco Unified Communications.
- Experience with Avaya PBX/ACD a plus.
- Cisco network routing experience, including QoS.
- Experience supporting complex technical services in Contact Center and/or corporate office environments.
- Senior level technical understanding of:
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager/Call Manager
- Cisco Unified IM & Presence and Unity
- Cisco UCCX or UCCE
- Voice Gateways / Routers / Switches
- Cisco CUBE Routers and/or other SBC Solutions
- Experience leading large IT telephony/communications projects.
- Demonstrated people and project leadership qualities.
- On occasion work flexible hours to accommodate after hours and weekend activities such as installation, testing, managing events.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.