Technology Vendor Relationship ManagerApply Job ID: R-011773 Date posted: 11/19/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations TX-Austin , MA-Boston , CA-San Diego
LPL is currently seeking an IT Vendor Relationship Manager. In this newly created role, the primary responsibilities will be to build, maintain and enhance relationships with strategic IT vendors and internal partners, and optimize non-strategic vendors. Vendor managers facilitate and maintain vendor relationships between businesses and suppliers, understanding contracts, creating and holding accountable vendor standards, and ensuring the best available vendors are aligned to a work function. When the vendor relationship manager does their job correctly, they contribute to the efficiency, productivity and success of LPL.
- Lead all aspects of governance of vendors minimizing value leakage, improving innovation and proactively identifying optimization opportunities
- Monitor and manage performance, financials, and the overall relationships with the vendors
- Establish, prioritize and track strategic business requirements to be achieved and translate/communicate to strategic vendors and internal leaders and partners
- Vendor managers establish standards and guidelines for vendors, monitoring vendors to ensure these policies are being followed
- Contract usage and pricing expert for assigned vendor portfolio
- Advise Technology Leaders on levers from the contract that affect forecasting and partner during budget planning
- Partner with Procurement for benchmarking and pricing negotiations
- Lead Tech side of RFI/RFP process with Procurement engaging appropriate technology teams
- Execution of off-boarding vendors as planned
- Resolves escalation issues with technology leaders
- Responsible for the identification and mitigations of vendor risks and issues, including understanding and management of Compliance risks associated with the Laws, Rules and Regulations aligned to the related vendors
- Minimum of five years of experience managing complex IT contracts and relationships in the area of infrastructure, network, cloud, and/or cross technology single vendor outsourcing relationship.
- At least three years of experience handling a single large Complex IT vendor with numerous service offerings, Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and key-stakeholders.
- Understand the methodologies, market trends, pricing models, scope of services, service delivery and innovation of vendors and their capabilities.
- Strong analytical and dispute resolution and mediation skills to handle issues and drive winning outcomes.
- Must be willing and able to travel 20% within the US and abroad. 2021 and beyond
- Operational knowledge of RFP development and analysis
- Outstanding knowledge of service level agreement development
- Demonstrates a productive edge, willing to engage in conflict when necessary
- Microsoft Office suite skills, particularly with Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Has a bias towards operational excellence, proactively looking for process improvement
- Demonstrates enterprise perspective when making decision
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.