Vice President - Cloud Development LeadApply Job ID: R-017321 Date posted: 10/12/2021 Primary Location TX-Austin Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
Are you a team player? Are you curious to learn? Are you interested in working in meaningful projects? Do you want to work with cutting-edge technology? Are you interested in being part of a team that is working to transform and do things differently? If so, LPL Financial is the place for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 19,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to objective guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
We are looking for an inspired Development Manager with a background in development of cloud-native web applications leveraging technologies including ASP.Net, C#, Angular, jQuery, and MS SQL Server. The candidate will be guiding a high velocity, multi-functional development team focused on green-field technology platforms in the advisor registration space. Activities will include daily oversight of development and enhancement of a series of prototypes to test design concepts for target state capabilities, then using feedback to refine and progress towards a scalable platform. The role will require flexible thinking as the team works to integrate existing business and technology concepts with evolutionary design to deliver a practical and flexible platform.
- Oversee and participate in activities which drive the design and development of high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance, using ASP.Net, C#, AngularJS, jQuery, MS SQL Server 2012+
- Work with Product Owners and Product Managers to translate business problem statements into technical solutions, then help to plan Sprints that deliver quality demonstrations.
- Assist in technical assessment of risks and issues, and document recommendations
- Coordinate solution design with leaders from Architecture, Data, Infrastructure, and Business to optimize speed to market and achieve prioritized business outcomes.
- Once production build commences, coach the team in developing appropriate technical documentation in accordance with SDLC guidelines
- Communicate with technical and non-technical groups on a regular basis as part of product support
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/related field
- 4+ Years of demonstrated development team leadership
- Experience with financial services
- 3+ years of AWS experience
- Excellent knowledge of OOP concepts, data modeling design patterns/frameworks
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge in designing, refactoring, and unit testing
- Team Foundation Server/ Visual Studio 2017/19
- Experience with Waterfall and Agile development process
- Excellent Communication and Coaching skills with demonstrated capacity to build consensus and empower developers to achieve independently.
- TIBCO Designer, TIBCO Business works (BW), TIBCO Enterprise Message Service (EMS)
- Experience with registration and licensing for licensed financial advisors
- Hands-on experience with Mule Soft 3+ RTF, and API Management
- Using search, index, and Distribute Caching tools such as Coherence and Apache Solr
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.