VP, Foundational Business ArchitectureApply Job ID: R-010147 Date posted: 05/27/2020 Primary Location TX-Austin
LPL Financial is searching for a Product Manager to join a developing team which will be directly responsible for the creation and maturation of a brand new family of technology products and capabilities. The team will be responsible for coordinating across a matrixed organization of business stakeholders to develop and care for an entirely new roadmap driven by the some of the most critical strategic goals for the enterprise.
- Own program backlog, plan and approach
- Meet business goals – Products and solutions must meet the economic business goals established by the portfolio
- Get it built – Product Managers collaborate with Agile Release Trains (ARTs) via the team Product Owners to build the required functionality
- Leverage support – Product Managers ensure their offerings are supported and enhanced to create a continuous flow of value
- Use business strategy, data/analytics, user experience, customer feedback and technology to create seamless customer experience
- Responsible for defining and supporting the building of desirable, feasible, viable, and sustainable products that meet customer needs over the product-market lifecycle.
- Collaborate with a wide range of people to identify and define customer needs, understand the Solution Context, and develop the Program Vision, Roadmap, and Features required to meet these needs
- Market/Customer facing. Identifies market needs
- Collocated with marketing/business
- Ability to work in a very flexible and agile manner
- Enjoys driving design thinking to outcomes and deliverables
- Working on Products that add value to our advisors and their clients
- Enabling Agile development teams to be nimble and do what they do best
- Having the autonomy to make product decisions
Roles & Responsibilities
- Understand customer needs – As the internal representative of the customer, product management leverages market research and Continuous Exploration to continually understand customer and market needs. Design thinking tools, ranging from personas, empathy maps, journey maps, and story maps are used to communicate these to the ARTs.
- Assess competitive landscape, industry trends and market demands
- Ensure product completeness – Product management is responsible for ensuring the product is considered ‘whole and complete’ from a defined customer’s perspective. Products that serve multiple market segments may have different considerations of ‘whole and complete’.
- Develop and communicate the program vision and roadmap – Product management continuously develops and communicates the vision to the development teams, while defining the features of the system.
- Participate in Program Increment Planning (PI planning) – During each PI planning session, Product Management presents the vision, which highlights the proposed features of the solution, along with any relevant upcoming Milestones. Typically, they also participate as the train’s Business Owners, responsible for approving PI Objectives and establishing business value.
- Ensure customer-facing advisor materials are optimized to drive business goals
- Partner with multiple internal stakeholders to prepare/present information to support advisor product knowledge
- Experience driving business innovation and data analytics to drive results
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Experience with Product and Technology Roadmap development through influence of key business and technology partners to align with business priorities
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Inquisitive and innovative mindset with a demonstrated ability to recognize opportunities to create distinctive value for our advisors and their clients
- Agile mindset
- Comfort navigating complex and highly matrixed organizations while partnering with senior stakeholders in both Business and Technology organizations.
- 10+ years of experience within product development, including 2+ in a product management role
- Demonstrated leadership experience within a product organization or function
- Financial service experience is required. Markets, traded products, or broker-dealer experience a significant plus.
- Demonstrated experience developing new or emerging technology products through production release.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.