VP, Platform OwnerApply Job ID: R-010122 Date posted: 05/21/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations TX-Austin , CA-San Diego
The Platform Owner has an in depth knowledge of the Advisor, wealth management platforms and is responsible for establishing the product vision, roadmap partnering with the business teams. The individual effectively decomposes the capability into sprint level deliverable features helping the business realize the benefit and iterate. The platform owner works within the agile process and is the final authority for decisions regarding priority, business value, and functionality delivered by the Agile development team.
Liaison & Communication
- Actively partners with the business user to seek out opportunities and help lay the foundation for the delivery of effective platforms that support LPLs long term vision and strategy.
- Understands the customer pain points and integrates the opportunities within the recommended solutions.
- Establishes clear and precise objectives and key results on delivery preventing ambiguity.
- Effectively translates the Vision to Product Roadmap to Capabilities to Features to User Stories laying the path for effective delivery.
- Is an influencer and liaison between business and technology who works across teams.
- Acts as a fully integrated team member.
- Strong communicator who articulates the vision and delivery status at every level of the organization.
- Active participant on the scrum team who helps groom the backlogs, documents fully formed epics/user stories with acceptance criteria.
- Helps prioritize, and sequences the product backlog/epic/user stories based on business value or ROI.
- Decides which user stories are scheduled into sprints.
- Provides rapid feedback and contributes to increased team velocity.
- Participates in project planning, daily stand-up meetings (scrums), reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meetings.
- Helps the team deliver exceptional user experience.
- Reviews deliverable and demonstrable code after every sprint, and has the authority to accept or reject.
- Is aware of the risk and helps mitigate the impact.
- Assists with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Assists with prioritization and resolution of defects / bugs.
- Provides progress reporting.
- Advocate for the team who communicates the product vision and delivery status at every level of the organization.
- Is a team player who is accessible and consistently supports the team.
- 7-12 years Financial services/Wealth Management experience
- A track record of innovative thinking and problem solving
- Product management experience delivering in Agile software development methodology
- Passion for delivering the best customer experience both internally and externally
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaborate across all levels of staff and management
- Exemplary collaboration, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Ability to effectively multi-task and deliver within a dynamic work environment
- Experience helping the teams adopt agile delivery methodology
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.