VP, Portfolio Delivery Lead-Compliance, Legal, and RiskApply Job ID: R-012187 Date posted: 12/16/2020 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations TX-Austin , SC-Fort Mill
LPL Financial is seeking a CLR Portfolio Delivery Lead who will lead a portfolio of programs and projects providing long-term delivery and project effectiveness. The role will execute, and oversee multiple project and product efforts aligned to a shared business objective for the Compliance, Legal, and Risk department. In addition, the portfolio may span across one or more business units. This role will provide guidance to align programs and projects to strategic objectives and oversee the progress of all efforts within the portfolio.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent leader and will have experience in managing staff of different disciplines to produce results in a timely manner. You will also be able to develop efficient strategies and tactics.
Primary Responsibilities will include:
- Monitor the quality of project outputs to ensure strategic objectives are met
- Establish effective working relationships with all stakeholders and ensure effective portfolio communications
- Partner with internal stakeholders to define an approach to create a roadmap for future development of products, processes and systems
- Listen for, uncover and resolve potential conflicts or disagreements about project priorities
- Identify resource needs in line with the portfolio plan
- Provide line management, coaching and guidance to develop the effectiveness of the portfolio team
- Ensure effective reporting of all projects to enable stakeholders, sponsors and management to make appropriate decisions
- Formulate, organize and monitor inter-connected projects
- Support overall CLR PMO with budgeting and reporting activities
- Manage a collection of products through the SAFe agile methodology
- Bachelor’s degree in Project Management or related field of study
- 8+ years of experience
- Excellent leadership and communication skills to include verbal, written and presentation
- 5-10 years’ experience working with business stakeholders within a cross-functional matrix environment
- 5+ years of experience delivering technology solutions
- Experience managing a budget of $10M – $50M
- Experience operating and managing work in an agile environment
- Thorough understanding of project / program management techniques and methods
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and problem-solving ability
- Proven capability to manage stakeholders at all levels
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Planview, JIRA and / or other technology and project management tools
- 3-5 years of experience determining customer requirements, defining process measures, identifying root cause, designing process improvements, and measuring project outcomes
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to clearly communicate with senior management
- Ability to deliver on tight deadlines
- Interpersonal skills to influence, spur change, facilitate, and enhance performance
- Proven ability to work in an ambiguous environment and collaborate across multiple areas
- SAFe LPMTM or related certification
The Compliance, Legal & Risk (CLR) team is focused on delivering an industry-leading client service and risk management experience by providing advisors and our internal business partners with proactive guidance, advice, advocacy and consultative partnerships.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.