Sr. Communication Consultant, Speechwriting & Executive CommunicationApply Job ID: R-002473 Date posted: 03/19/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations CA-Bakersfield , CA-Camarillo , CA-Claremont ,CA-Encino
This position is responsible for helping to shape and evolve the voice of select LPL executives by creating authentic and relatable messages for internal and external presentations and multiple media channels. Primary responsibilities include regular interaction with our Chief Communication Officer to help develop meaningful speeches and message points for our president and CEO (and often his direct reports) that support the LPL brand and highlight the talents and insights of our management team. In addition, the position will also support the development of compelling content that demonstrates executive thought leadership in earned, owned, and shared media.
- Primary writer of speeches, remarks, talking points, articles, opinion editorials, blog entries, and other public or internal comments by the president and CEO, and other LPL executives as needed; ensures that the relevant strategic messaging, brand positioning, presentation style, and other core goals are accomplished in each piece.
- Able to set a clear and organized process that supports the collecting, managing, socializing, and publishing/distribution of content in any form or medium.
- Collaborates with internal and external colleagues, including event and digital teams, producers, graphic designers, and other creative staff or consultants to ensure any visuals support presentation objectives and translate seamlessly to a live or virtual environment.
- Manages the calendar of executive speaking engagements, collaborating with executive assistants to schedule all meetings to craft and review presentations, and develops detailed prep materials for speakers.
- Reviews and approves external speaking engagements and materials for brand and message consistency and compliance with LPL policies.
- Does independent research to support and strengthen articles and presentations.
Minimum Education Required:
Bachelor’s degree (Marketing, Communication, English, Journalism, or related field preferred)
Minimum Experience Required (including years of experience)
Should possess 5-7 years of experience working with executives and senior management creating speeches for a variety of audiences; experience with other forms of storytelling a plus.
- Skilled listener, note-taker, and proficient in dictation and proofreading
- Comfortable tracking and managing multiple versions of a single piece, with a strong attention to detail and proven process for content management
- Stellar written and oral communication skills, with the ability to grasp and translate complex and disparate ideas into cohesive and clear key messages delivered in a conversational tone
- Adaptable and able to flex to different working and speaking styles
- Graceful under pressure, resilient, and flexible in the face of change and revisions
- Comfortable working under tight deadlines with ability to delivery quality work quickly when needed
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.