Associate Analyst, Research AnalyticsApply Job ID: R-001834 Date posted: 12/31/2017 Primary Location MA-Boston
Overarching firm and team details
LPL Financial is the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer and fourth largest broker/dealer with more than 14,000 independent financial advisors in more than 4,000 branch offices nationwide. LPL Financial has been ranked the number one broker/dealer in its class consistently over the past 10 years. Financially strong and growing, its corporate offices are in Boston, San Diego, and Charlotte.
LPL Financial Research is a 50+ person team that provides market, investment, and portfolio advice to our independent advisors. Our mission is to be a trusted partner to our advisors who provide investors with choices to help meet their financial goals. In this endeavor, our sole motivation is to provide stellar due diligence and investment management advice — as a partner for those advisors who manage client assets themselves or as a portfolio manager for those advisors who want to leverage our experience. Due to the LPL Financial scale and position, our Research team has direct access to the best active managers in the industry. We combine this access with proprietary quantitative and technical research strategies to proactively invest for our advisors and their clients.
The Associate Analyst will interface with executive management and will have the opportunity to communicate directly with LPL Financial Advisors on a variety of issues to assist them in managing their client’s investment portfolios. This individual will be responsible for a variety of production deliverables as well as work on projects that will contribute to the overall support and success of the LPL Research Team. Specifically assist with their quantitative data and analytical support efforts involving mutual funds, ETFs, separate accounts, variable annuity subaccounts, and alternative investments. Additional areas of responsibility include system updates, report generation, performing risk/return calculations, performance measurement, database analysis, and facilitating quality control metrics. Also, this individual will assist in the processes involved with due diligence and recommendation decision documentation. This position will require adaptation to the various financial analytic systems and proprietary systems used throughout the organization.
The ideal candidate will have superior analytics, quantitative, and systems skills in conjunction with an ability to develop strong interpersonal relationships both internally and externally. The successful candidate will have a history of high performance, and the ability to take initiative and follow through on projects independently. The right candidate will demonstrate the self-motivation, high-energy, tenacity, perseverance, attention to detail and a passion for investing.
The Candidate will possess the following competencies and attributes:
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills.
- Superior communications skills both oral and written.
- History of independent, high-performance work as well as being a strong contributor to a team.
- Experience working with investment-oriented analytical software including Bloomberg, FactSet, Morningstar, and Zephyr.
- Advanced Excel skills and/or experience with a relational database a strong plus.
- Ability to cogently explain and discuss research recommendations to different audiences.
- A demonstrated ability to establish priorities and meet goals.
- Articulate, confident, driven professional with the ability to work with like-minded professionals in a results-oriented, fast-paced and growing environment.
- Demonstrate solid grounding in quantitative analysis and excellent judgment.
- Unimpeachable ethical standards and a strong work ethic.
- Desire to contribute to the success and growth of an organization.
- A passion for investing and a dedication to providing superior research.
- 1-3 years previous experience within the financial services industry.
- FINRA Series 7 and 66 license required (either have or be willing to obtain soon after hiring).
- A bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Business or other quantitative field is strongly preferred.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. A competitive base salary and discretionary bonus will be offered. Details will be discussed at the appropriate time with interested, qualified candidates.
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.