Associate Project ManagerApply Job ID: R-006590 Date posted: 04/25/2019 Primary Location MA-Boston
LPL Financial is hiring an Associate Project Manager, Government Relations, to be based in Boston, MA. This individual will report directly to the Assistant Vice President, Government Relations, and will work closely with members of the Government Relations Team and other business units to provide operational, project and event management support, as described below.
- Supporting and executing operational tasks associated with the federal political action committee (LPL PAC); Data Management, verification of accuracy, drafting communications, mailings (both electronic and physical)
- Supporting and executing operational tasks associated with LPL’s 50 State Network, a grassroots organization of LPL financial advisors; Data management, drafting and distribution of communications (both electronic and physical)
- Support the Government Relations Team with event management related to conferences, Member events and others as needed; Drafting and distribution of invitations, RSVP collection, supporting the team with event logistics on and off site as needed.
- Support with special projects and events upon request
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Two to three years in a professional environment
- Strong Microsoft suite skills required
- Strong communication and organizational skills required.
- Should have strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact well with members of senior management and internal and external clients
- Should have adaptability and willingness to take on a wide variety of new tasks and willingness to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Travel 0-10%
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.