AVP, Sales Development ManagerApply Job ID: R-007962 Date posted: 10/17/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations MA-Boston , CA-San Diego
AVP, Sales Development Manager for National Sales
At LPL Financial, we achieve success by helping our customers succeed. It’s a simple business model with a singular focus: enabling financial advisors to create and grow highly profitable businesses by providing them with the services and tools to meet the needs of their clients.
As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services to more than 16,000 financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. We also support more than 4,000 other financial advisors with customized clearing solutions, advisory platforms, and technology.
We’ve told you what we do for our customers, but what can we do for you? We’ll provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that’s supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are looking for a Fort Mill, SC-based Sales Development Manager for our National Sales team. The immediate goal for this position is to design and implement a sales training program for new sales professionals, which includes but is not limited to Wealth Consultants, Financial Planning, Retirement Partners, Insurance and Annuities, while also developing an ongoing training curriculum for all professionals at all tenure. Specifically, this program should provide a comprehensive training focus on client sales techniques and understanding LPL’s products, services, culture, and mission. This position will also work with the management team across all units to address individual & manager training needs.
The ideal candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Finance, Economics, or Marketing, with excellence in academics and strong coaching/leadership experience. 5-10 years of financial industry experience is preferred. Ideally we are interested in a candidate that possesses professional and creative verbal and written communication skills, is detail-oriented, highly organized, possesses a strong ability to multi-task, delivers highly effective presentations and has the ability to adapt his/her coaching style. The candidate should have the ability to deliver constructive feedback and to create development plans that address both the needs of an individual in addition to overarching plans for the greater group. Candidate must possess a high level of self-confidence, have strong interpersonal skills and have a willingness to be part of a team and the ability to succeed within a dynamic
Specific responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Understanding our firm’s and business unit’s mission and values as well as product/service offerings
- Develop a robust onboarding training program for all newly hired professionals across multiple locations
- Develop “train the trainer” lesson plans for managers
- Determine development needs through observation of sales encounters and conferring with management
- Continuously develop knowledge by participating in education opportunities, reading professional publications, establishing and maintaining professional networks and participating in professional, development organizations
- Improve effectiveness by developing new approaches and techniques, providing support readily and integrating support with routine job functions
- Develop individual results by maintaining policy and procedure resources; providing coaching, conducting training sessions and developing outcome improvement resources
- Partner with internal resources (i.e. Human Capital, Business Consulting, Recruiting, etc.) to leverage existing development programs/develop new programs that can utilized across all sales teams while also being tailored to specific groups
- Leverage and manage technology in the delivery of content
- Engage in the recruitment process for open recs; work with recruitment team to identify candidates for consideration, interview potential candidates and identify potential training needs for candidates being considered
- Communicate with other departments and business units across the organization to ensure there is understanding of how best to partner and interact together
- Must be willing to travel in the field to observe best practices while also providing best practice techniques to those in need
Location: Fort Mill, SC
LPL Financial is an equal opportunity employer.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.