Corporate ParalegalApply Job ID: R-008274 Date posted: 12/12/2019 Primary Location MA-Boston
The paralegal in this position will engage in a broad range of general paralegal and administrative duties to support the Corporate Law group of LPL’s Compliance, Legal and Risk Department. Specific responsibilities may include:
- Supporting the Corporate legal team with daily tasks and responsibilities
- Assisting with the preparation of documentation related to board of directors meetings, including drafting resolutions and minutes
- Maintaining corporate entities, coordinating signatures, registering and maintaining each entity in good standing, and ensuring annual reports are filed
- Ensuring corporate records and minute books for all entities are kept up-to-date
- Maintaining corporate governance section of company investor relations website
- Assisting with data gathering, organization of materials and due diligence related to corporate transactions
- Assisting with the preparation of SEC filings, including: Forms 3, 4 and 5, 8-K, 10-Q, 10-K, S-8 and Proxy
- Supporting attorneys and legal staff with information requests
- Special projects as needed, including participation on committees and in departmental initiatives
- Minimum 4-5 years of corporate paralegal experience (in-house or law firm)
- Attention to detail and follow-through
- Self-starter with positive team attitude
- Ability to work in a high activity/fast paced environment
- Strong MS Office skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and aptitude to quickly learn new systems
- Must be able to interpret and communicate complex legal subject matter in clear and simple terms
- Exceptional analytical skills coupled with exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and experience with report generation tools and data analysis
- Bachelor’s degree and paralegal certificate preferred
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.