Exec Admin AssistantApply Job ID: R-001513 Date posted: 01/04/2018 Primary Location MA-Boston
This position reports to the EVP/ Deputy General Counsel of LPL's Legal Department and performs general executive assistant duties for the EVP and senior leaders on the team, as requested. This is a highly visible role in a dynamic and fast paced environment. The role helps to build and create capacity for the team by professionally interacting with employees across the firm as well as external clients, which include law firms and financial advisors. Some of the responsibilities include preparation and review of documents, balancing and meeting multiple priorities and deadline, managing travel and meeting calendars, processing expense reports, collaborating and working with the administrative support team. The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment, take a proactive approach to their work, look for opportunities to build capacity including process improvement, possess excellent MS Office skills, have strong attention to detail and the ability to build strong working relationships across the team and broader organization.
- Performing executive assistant duties for the EVP/Deputy General Counsel and senior leaders, as requested
- Utilizing multiple databases for document retrieval
- Multi-tasking, prioritizing and processing flow of work assigned
- Ensuring work is complete, accurate and timely
- Handling contact with outside counsel and regulators in a professional and courteous manner
- Arranging for the word processing reproduction and distribution of correspondence and legal documents
- Managing Deputy General Counsel's and other senior leaders’ calendars
- Making travel arrangements and preparing related expense reports
- Manage legal billing software system
- Contributes on various projects
- Looking proactively for efficiencies and ways to build in capacity and create leverage within the team
- 3 - 10 years of experience
- Knowledge of legal terminology and general office procedures in a legal department is considered a plus
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills including use of Microsoft Office, Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Familiarity with web based software including Serengeti (ebilling); Ariba; and Concur would be helpful but not necessary
- Strong written and verbal communications skills including correct punctuation, spelling and grammar
- Comfortable communicating with the most senior executives at the firm and their assistants
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Organization and use of records and files
- College degree preferred in English, Psychology, Liberal Arts, Business or other related field
Need the ability to:
- Operate office equipment and be proficient with personal computer
- Maintain confidentiality
- Work under pressure in meeting deadlines
- Work cooperatively with others
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.