Internal Regional Director, Employee ChannelApply Job ID: R-008375 Date posted: 02/13/2020 Primary Location MA-Boston
The Internal Regional Director (IRD) on the Advisor Recruiting team within LPL's Business Development group will work with the department’s Division Managers and Regional Directors (RD) to drive sales activity resulting in growth of Advisor count and associated Assets Under Management (AUM) for the Employee Channel.
The IRD will work directly with the RDs to help research, source, manage the pipeline, and close prospective advisors looking to join LPL’s Employee Channel.
- Identify new prospective advisors by making initial sales calls to potential advisors, as well as responding to internal calls or inquiries that are made to LPL.
- Execute outbound call campaigns that tie into LPL or industry trends creating opportunities.
- Utilize discretion and independent judgment in evaluating potential advisors to determine whether the advisor is an appropriate candidate for LPL prior to introducing to the pipeline.
- Understand and articulate LPL’s business model, LPL’s policies, the financial services industry, and the benefits of joining one of LPL’s affiliation options.
- Work with External Recruiters to facilitate recruiting meetings with advisors in-field.
- Host prospective advisor's due-diligence visit to home office in order to address advisor’s questions and concerns including, but not limited to those regarding LPL’s platform and policies.
- Train and educate internal staff on the nuances of recruiting into the Employee Channel; this includes coaching the home office presenters on who our competitors are, and what hurdles we need to overcome in order to win the business.
- Individually own certain advisor segments of the pipeline from initial contact to the advisor joining LPL, and work in close partnership with RD to help manage the other segments of the pipeline.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Finance, Economics, or related field of study
- Series 7, 66, and 24 preferred
- Relevant industry experience and a proven track record of working with Financial Advisors
- Must have prior sales experience in the investment space, at least 2-4 years of Financial Services experience in a sales related role
- Prior experience as a Financial Advisor or Wholesaler ideal
- Consultative selling skills are a must
- Strong familiarity with MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Salesforce, and MS Outlook
- Superior verbal and written communication skills are required
- Commitment to follow-up and follow-through
- Well-organized, strong time management skills
- Team-player, positive "can-do" attitude
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.