Legal AssistantApply Job ID: R-017997 Date posted: 11/26/2021 Primary Location MA-Boston
Specific responsibilities include:
- Assisting with arbitration and litigation matters including setting up file, research, document productions, bates stamping of documents, discovery requests (motions and subpoenas), review of documents produced and received (index document productions);
- Collaborating with other LPL Business Units while utilizing a variety of systems and software to obtain documents/information pertinent to the matter;
- Assist with matter management, including tracking, setting up file, and seeing the file through response and closure;
- Prepare reports on matter statistics and trends;
- Team with paralegals, support specialists and attorneys on development of policies and procedures;
- Provide general administrative support to team of attorneys and paralegals including coordinating travel, handling expense reports and document management.
- Strong MS Office skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and aptitude to quickly learn new systems;
- Must be able to interpret and communicate legal subject matter in clear and simple terms;
- Exceptional analytical skills;
- Exceptional communication including strong oral and drafting and writing skills;
- Strong organizational skills and experience with report generation tools and data analysis; and
- Bachelor’s degree
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.