Legal Operations AnalystApply Job ID: R-004650 Date posted: 03/15/2019 Primary Location MA-Boston
LPL is seeking a Legal Operations Analyst to join our Business Management team.
This position reports to the Manager, Legal Business Operations and provides assistance with contracts, outside counsel engagements and vendor risk functions.
- Coordinate the daily support functions of our vendor contracts, procurement processes and systems, including but not limited to receiving invoices for contracts/purchase orders, tracking contracts and problem-solving.
- Coordinate vendor risk assessments, monitors progress and completion for the Legal department portfolio.
- Work closely with Operations Manager to analyze and document core business processes and workflows, identify issues/ risks and develop processes to improve.
- Examine existing processes, evaluate them within the context of organizational goals and propose changes or enhancements to help achieve those goals.
- Collect, review, enter, format and maintain accurate data into spreadsheets, databases and other electronic tools.
- Collaborate with other teams – including CLR (Compliance, Legal & Risk), operations, procurement and vendor risk - to resolve issues.
- Prepare and distribute weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports and metrics by utilizing information gathered from various data sources.
- Assist with various functions of the outside counsel engagement process and billing system, including but not limited to opening/closing matters, verification of finance information, matter clean up and the coordination of law firm diversity survey data.
- Multi-task and process multiple work streams.
- Ensure work is complete, accurate and timely.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- 2-5 years of experience.
- Ability to work independently, quickly and efficiently under strict deadlines.
- Ability to build collaborative partnerships and alliances, internally and externally.
- Focused, innovative, and motivated with clear written and communication skills,
- Solid problem-solving skills and decision making abilities.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage records and files.
- Self-motivated and a team player.
- Skills tracking and creating Excel spreadsheets, reports and charts.
- Ability to learn new systems.
- Strong MS Office skills including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience in Legal Tracker, ARIBA and/or Passport is a plus, but not required.
- Knowledge of general office procedures in a professional environment.
- College degree preferred.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.