Legal Operations AssociateApply Job ID: R-004650 Date posted: 11/01/2018 Primary Location MA-Boston
LPL is seeking a Legal Operations Associate to join our Business Management team.
This position reports to the Manager, Legal Business Operations and provides assistance with the outside counsel engagements, contracts, and vendor risk functions.
- Assists with various functions of the outside counsel engagement process and billing system, including but not limited to opening/closing matters, verification of finance information, matter clean up and the coordination of law firm diversity survey data.
- Assists with the daily support functions of our vendor contracts, procurement processes and systems, including but not limited to receiving invoices for contracts/purchase orders, tracking contracts and problem-solving.
- Assists with the vendor risk portfolio – coordinates assessments, monitors progress and completion.
- Collects, reviews, enters, formats and maintains accurate data into spreadsheets, databases and other electronic tools.
- Keep track of various membership rosters for department.
- Processes new contract requests for final signature and acts as a point of contact for internal business units searching for existing contracts.
- Multi-tasking and processing multiple work streams.
- Ensuring work is complete, accurate and timely.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-2 years of experience.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Solid problem-solving skills and decision making abilities.
- Knowledge of general office procedures in a professional environment.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage records and files.
- Attention to detail and meets deadlines.
- Self-motivated and a team player.
- Strong MS Office skills including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Skills tracking and creating Excel spreadsheets, reports and charts.
- Ability to learn new systems.
- Experience in Legal Tracker, ARIBA and/or Passport is a plus, but not required.
- College degree preferred.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.