Legal Operations SpecialistApply Job ID: R-012597 Date posted: 02/24/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations MA-Boston
LPL is seeking a Legal Operations Specialist to join our Business Management team.
This position reports to the Assistant Vice President, Legal Business Operations and provides assistance with e-billing and the management of our law firms and vendors.
- Assists with various functions of our law firm and vendor e-billing systems, including but not limited to creation/termination of users, opening/closing matters, rate approvals, invoice fee/expense reviews, matter clean-up, tracking, resolving invoice issues, problem-solving and ad hoc reports.
- Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
- Charges expenses to appropriate accounts and cost centers.
- Assists with various administrative functions of our law firm engagements, vendor contracts and vendor risk portfolio.
- Collects, reviews, enters, formats and maintains accurate data into spreadsheets, databases and other electronic tools.
- Assists with Legal Operations processes, procedures and workflows.
- Keep track of various membership rosters for department.
- Multi-tasking and processing multiple work streams.
- Ensuring work is complete, accurate and timely.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2-3 years of experience.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking and attention to detail skills.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Solid problem-solving, follow-up and decision making abilities.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage records and files.
- Skills tracking and creating Excel spreadsheets, reports and charts.
- Ability to learn new systems.
- Self-motivated and a team player.
- Strong MS Office skills including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Candidates must have accounts payable experience.
- Experience in Legal Tracker, ARIBA and/or Passport is a plus, but not required.
- Previous experience with billing in a legal environment is preferred.
- College degree preferred.
The Compliance, Legal & Risk (CLR) team is focused on delivering an industry-leading client service and risk management experience by providing advisors and our internal business partners with proactive guidance, advice, advocacy and consultative partnerships.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.