Legal Support AssociateApply Job ID: R-005487 Date posted: 12/21/2018 Primary Location MA-Boston
LPL Financial is seeking a Legal Support Associate to support our Litigation Group.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Assisting with arbitration and litigation matters including setting up file, research, document productions, bates stamping of documents, discovery requests (motions and subpoenas), review of documents produced and received (index document productions);
- Collaborating with other LPL Business Units while utilizing a variety of systems and software to obtain documents/information pertinent to the matter;
- Assist with matter management, including tracking, setting up file, and seeing the file through response and closure;
- Prepare reports on matter statistics and trends;
- Team with paralegals, support specialists and attorneys on development of policies and procedures;
- Provide general administrative support to team of attorneys and paralegals including coordinating travel, handling expense reports and document management.
- 1-2 years of experience in an office environment
- Strong MS Office skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and aptitude to quickly learn new systems;
- Must be able to interpret and communicate legal subject matter in clear and simple terms;
- Exceptional analytical skills;
- Exceptional communication including strong oral and drafting and writing skills;
- Strong organizational skills and experience with report generation tools and data analysis; and
- Bachelor’s degree
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.