Legal Support AssociateApply Job ID: R-001891 Date posted: 12/31/2017 Primary Location MA-Boston
The Legal Support Associate will be responsible for matter management and administrative duties in support of the customer complaints resolution team.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Assist in the intake of customer complaints and inquiries;
· Assist attorneys with all aspects of customer complaints including setting up files, research and document/information collection;
· Proven ability to manage multiple projects and meet strict deadlines;
· Work with internal departments to resolve customer complaints and inquiries;
· Draft correspondence to customers and financial advisors;
· Matter management, including updating and maintaining databases;
· Prepare reports on complaint statistics and trends;
· Team with paralegals, support specialists and attorneys on development of policies and procedures;
· Provide general administrative support to team of attorneys and paralegals including coordinating travel, handling expense reports and document management.
· Strong MS Office skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and aptitude to quickly learn new systems;
· Exceptional analytical skills;
· Exceptional communication including strong verbal and drafting and writing skills;
· Strong organizational skills and experience with report generation tools and data analysis; and
· Bachelor’s degree
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.