ParalegalApply Job ID: R-012238 Date posted: 12/18/2020 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations MA-Boston , SC-Fort Mill
We are currently looking to hire a Paralegal within the Litigation/Arbitration Legal Department. This position is responsible for performing general paralegal and administrative duties to support our litigation attorneys.
• Assisting attorneys with arbitration and litigation matters including setting up file, research, document productions, bates stamping of documents, discovery requests (motions and subpoenas), review of documents produced and received (index document productions)
• Collaborating with other LPL Business Units while utilizing a variety of systems and software to obtain documents/information pertinent to the matter
• Matter management, including tracking, setting up file, and seeing the file through response and closure
• Working with outside counsel on matters as assigned which may require extensive and ongoing research to provide documents and information
• Engaging with outside providers to prepare financial analysis (P&L)
• Special projects including participation on committees or in a departmental or group initiatives
• Minimum two to three years of litigation support experience (in-house or law firm)
• Strong MS Office skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and aptitude to quickly learn new systems
• Must be able to interpret and communicate complex legal subject matter in clear and simple terms
• Ability to interact and communicate across business lines, and with internal and external customers
• A helpful, respectful and personable approach to client and co-worker interaction
• Work experience in back-office operations or compliance of a financial services firm and/or working knowledge of brokerage and advisory accounts as well as prior experience working with regulatory agencies, including FINRA, SEC or State Agencies is preferred but not required
• Proven ability to manage a large volume of cases/projects and meet strict deadlines
• Exceptional analytical skills coupled with exceptional oral and written communication skills
• Proclivity to ask questions and take initiative
• Strong organizational skills and experience with report generation tools and data analysis
The Compliance, Legal & Risk (CLR) team is focused on delivering an industry-leading client service and risk management experience by providing advisors and our internal business partners with proactive guidance, advice, advocacy and consultative partnerships.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.