Senior Corporate ParalegalApply Job ID: R-015397 Date posted: 06/07/2021 Primary Location MA-Boston
- Supporting the Corporate legal team with daily tasks and responsibilities
- Assisting with the preparation of documentation related to board of directors meetings, including drafting resolutions and minutes
- Maintaining corporate entities, coordinating signatures, registering and maintaining each entity in good standing, and ensuring annual reports are filed
- Ensuring corporate records and minute books for all entities are kept up-to-date
- Maintaining corporate governance section of company investor relations website
- Assisting with data gathering, organization of materials and due diligence related to corporate transactions
- Assisting with the preparation of SEC filings, including: Forms 3, 4 and 5, 8-K, 10-Q, 10-K, S-8 and Proxy
- Supporting attorneys and legal staff with information requests
- Special projects as needed, including participation on committees and in departmental initiatives
- Minimum 4-5 years of corporate paralegal experience (in-house or law firm)
- Attention to detail and follow-through
- Self-starter with positive team attitude
- Ability to work in a high activity/fast paced environment
- Strong MS Office skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and aptitude to quickly learn new systems
- Must be able to interpret and communicate complex legal subject matter in clear and simple terms
- Exceptional analytical skills coupled with exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and experience with report generation tools and data analysis
- Bachelor’s degree and paralegal certificate preferred
The Compliance, Legal & Risk (CLR) team is focused on delivering an industry-leading client service and risk management experience by providing advisors and our internal business partners with proactive guidance, advice, advocacy and consultative partnerships.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.